Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I thought the garage had fixed my swivel seat, but have just arrived at our first night stop; swivelled seat and a spring dropped out and now the seat will only half lock in the driving position. Obviously it has to do with this spring!

Can anyone tell me where the spring attaches so I can fix as it seems it will be a recurring problem.

Norman

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Dont know if this will help identifying it

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ace68J3oknM"]Fiat Ducato Seat Swivel - YouTube[/ame]

Peter

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I seem to have fixed the problem! The spring mechanism that normally operates the release mechanism allowing the seat to swivel has become weak through age and it looks as if the previous owner had attached another spring to increase the tension. Looking around under the seat I could see where the spring had been chaffing and have reattced it and the seat now operates as it should.

Next week I shall be able to secure it more firmly so there will be no chance of it springing free.

Thanks Peter for the video I have not been able to watch it in my net book but will have a look later.

Norman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
On my old MH both levers were always sticking open or wouldn't shut or came unscrewed or dropped off. It was a real pain.

In the end I stripped them down; removing all traces of oil and grease, put them back together with threadlock on the bolt and captive nut, and finally put on some lithium grease.

Within two weeks it had been traded in for a new MH. I could have stayed in bed :Doh:

I also spent £80 on a fancy Italian TV bracket that I'd installed and hadn't yet used :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007