LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Gotta get one, what do they cost these days?

Hi jim ,if your near cardiff try BIGWHEELERS ,next to dvla office in llanishen,was £40 on a Saturday morning ,check out their website. :thumb::thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Errr, our GP does them - prices up on the noticeboard - was interested when I noticed (the notice LOL) earlier this year to see a lower price for driving professionals which is good I spose but again beats pensioners over the head for daring to be alive and insulting the human race for wishing to drive anything with an engine worth calling one, after retirement.

Sorry can't recall Quanto exactly, but for some reason the sum of £49 has popped into my head.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Did you buy that big RV then Jim, ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:That you was telling us about.:roflmto:

You can drive up to 7.5 ton on a normal license, well I can anyway.

Must be a Helluva big one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Gotta get one, what do they cost these days?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Did you buy that big RV then Jim, ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:That you was telling us about.:roflmto:

You can drive up to 7.5 ton on a normal license, well I can anyway.

Must be a Helluva big one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No :Smile: but I need to keep my HGV Licence just in case:thumb:

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
coldstreamer

Hi,
Three years ago when I wanted to protect my 'C' Licence I obtained the required forms and went to see my Doctor his charge would be £80 annually, I then had to see my optician 'deep breath' because I had cataract replacements( now 50X50 Vision ) I needed a Macular X Ray . Cost £140 annually. But..... if I falled that I would also lose my Car license.
So in order to keep my C Licence it would cost me £220 annually to drive over 3.5 Ton plus I could??? be put of the roads all together.
That was a no brainer so I still drive our Van and Car and keep my licence which as always been clean, not even a parking tkt in 58 yrs.
Old Age MMmmmmm.
Best Regards Mac

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Last one I paid for to keep my HGVI cost me £140 at my GPs Surgery..and then it transpired I was Type II Diabetic..it took my licence 8 weeks to return from DVLA..as said there are cheaper options available..Check on-line for your nearest one..

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
medical

I paid about £100 last year for my medical to keep my entitlement to drive over 3500 kg with my local doctor and that was paying for 1/2 hour.With the spare time he had after the medical
he gave me a bit of a checkover.
Alan

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I have to have one every 5 years as a taxi driver. Had it done in June this year. My own GP quoted £95 but when I attended she said she only charged that for businesses and charged me £50 as I'm self-employed. It can be whatever they want to charge but your local health primary care group will have a 'suggested price'.
When I had my first one 15 years ago it was £40 at my GP. Then when I renewed it 10 years ago the doctor gave it me for free, in his words 'I'm in a good mood as I'm on holiday from tonight'. The next renewal was £55. So it really is pot-luck if you go to your own GP. You can go to any GP you like or to any of those medical centres mentioned above. Best to phone around for the best price and a convenient time.

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Cost

Jim I need to do it every 3 years as I had a heart attack in 2000. Medical through own GP £100.

HGV + PCV = £40

If you are ok need medical every 5 years after 45, to keep HGV or PCV.

Alternative, which will be my last time, tell them to stick their Professional licences and just keep driving licence..........free till 70.

Plus I get the joy of a cardiac walking test every 3 years.

Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Jim,
I have a class one and do not drive any more for a living, got in contact with DVLA and was advised that you do not lose your Licence if you do not drive Hgv's any more, But before you can drive a HGV again you will have to take the medical,

For me not driving any more for a living £120 every few years for a medical was not worth forking out, but it is there if i want to drive .

Ian

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just had one done as I turned 45 last month, phoned gp they wanted £75 so called the work Dr who also works at my gp he said he would do it for £50 as long as I put the £50 into the nurses office for their Xmas party. What a nice suggestion so that's what I did.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Do NOT believe the DVLA when they say you will not lose your entitlement,.....you will, and you will have a nightmare getting it back. I use drivermedicals.com, £40, somewhere near me, once every five years, its not worth taking a chance, just be thankfull you do not have to have driver cpc as well!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back