driver seats (1 Viewer)

LTS

Free Member
Mar 26, 2010
Funster No
Does anyone have knowledge of 'vans with low or very adjustable cab seats. I am very tall and cannot sit in anything other than an A class (and still see under the top of the windscreen without ducking !) There must be coachbuilts, low profiles etc that have seats for a giraffe but i've yet to find one.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi LTS and welcome I had a Fiat and now a Transit they both had adjustable height seats, you dont say how tall :thumb::thumb::thumb:Cheers Rob W

Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2008
Funster No
Exp
Another thing to watch out for is aftermarket swivel bases, these add around one to two inches to the seat height, so if you find a van with a swivel and don't need it to swivel you will be able to lower the seat by those one or two inches by removing the swivel bit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
It is also possible to get seat bases that are lower than standard for some seat shops if you are very tall.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
How tall are you ??
Welcome to the site BTW sure someone will be able to advise you.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi LTS, think outside the box :thumb: most vans come with the seat fastened to a box,::bigsmile: this can be cut down and welded back together easy.Renault espace seats swivel and go up /down can be got cheaply from the scrapyards :thumb:My own seats where put on the bases from the rear of the ambulance which were on swivels, at around £350 each to buy :Eeek::ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It is also possible to get seat bases that are lower than standard for some seat shops if you are very tall.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

yes you can.

i cant remember the company name but they are at most of the shows.

their bases are (i think) around 5" lower than standard and cost, if i remember right, around £90 each.

of course, if your leisure battery lives under the seat that will need a new home.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back