Drive Off With Grey Waste Drain Tap Open Why? (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
what campsite or cl does not have grass. I think you are just looking for a reaction, my last post on this thread.
I was actually also thinking of 'wilding' in a car park for example, not necessarily a campsite. Not looking for a reaction.(y)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I was on a campsite in Bedfordshire last year and could not see any grey waste point so went and asked at reception. She said just put it round the trees or bushes. There is a fair bit I said, there's a lot of trees and bushes she said. So that's what I did. I don't agree with putting on the road because of grease etc for bikers but see no problem with putting it in the bushes etc. as for leaving it on the pitch on a campsite that's a big No No how would you feel if you pitched up and the person before you had just dumped their grey waiste on that pitch.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I don't get the leaving it open bit a good few of you seem to do, there will still a good bit left to slop out en route even after emptying, but what gain does leaving it open get you, you have also got to remember to close it again

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
I thought driving off site with waste water tap open was illegal! I was once on a site which had no facility for emptying the waste water,but the site had a long non tarmac drive and I was told to open the tap on the drive and close it at the end, the tank emptied by the time I reached the end, sorted.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I thought driving off site with waste water tap open was illegal! I was once on a site which had no facility for emptying the waste water,but the site had a long non tarmac drive and I was told to open the tap on the drive and close it at the end, the tank emptied by the time I reached the end, sorted.
Illegal ?
It's a bit of water not nuclear waste :)

May 10, 2009
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 months
Bit off the topic but advice needed. The tap for my waste water is turning but nothing coming out although I know there is waste water. Any ideas for solution to problem?

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Sounds like the head has sheared off the body does it unscrew, cos you might have to get under the van and undo it and take it to the local plumbers merchant to get another

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Bit off the topic but advice needed. The tap for my waste water is turning but nothing coming out although I know there is waste water. Any ideas for solution to problem?

You could try poking something in when its open as it might just be blocked, the other thing would be blow it back with a hosepipe but not a drinking water fill point.

Martin

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
If it is illegal to drive around with the waste tap open, how come 3 of the vans I've had (all conversions by well known companies) didn't have a waste tank or tap - just a hose?

Stuff and nonsense, same old topic, comes up regular as clockwork.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If it is illegal to drive around with the waste tap open, how come 3 of the vans I've had (all conversions by well known companies) didn't have a waste tank or tap - just a hose?

Stuff and nonsense, same old topic, comes up regular as clockwork.

If you dont have a tank you dont have a tap so there is nothing to come out anyway.

Martin

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Having converted my motorhome into a Crystal Meth lab I can no longer keep the waste tap open as the luminous green sludge is quite conspicuous on a hard standing.
I now have to drive along with the tap dripping to dump the stuff which is fine, but the line of melted tarmac behind me is a bit of a giveaway so I have to be far enough away from home so the trail has stopped before I get home.

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
Grey waste....don't dump it on your pitch, that's out of order. Drive away and a few miles down the road open the tank slightly so that it dribbles out. No harm done.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
No harm done.
Except for covering all the following vehicles in sh@tty dirty water, as did the tw&t who went passed me on the M11 with his grey tap open. My windscreen was so dirty, I eventually had to make a specific stop and clean it :mad::mad::mad:

And we wonder why Motorhomes are unwelcome in many places...

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
Except for covering all the following vehicles in sh@tty dirty water, as did the tw&t who went passed me on the M11 with his grey tap open. My windscreen was so dirty, I eventually had to stop and clean it

Your water may be sh@tty but I use a different tank for that kind of stuff.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
My windscreen was so dirty
The electric screenwasher was invented by a Colonel G. Waste in 1934. There should be a control for it somewhere near your washers. (y) However, I find that God is mostly responsible for dirty windscreens, making it rain and stuff like that. Farmers don't help either. (y)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
There are worse things to do than dumping your grey waste in a hedgerow , at a campsite in Bronllys Wales a couple of weeks ago , I witnessed a camper dumping the fuel out of his Coleman cooker down the fresh water drain.

I don't dump or leave my taps open on the roads , i also use bio degradable soaps

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I find that God
I'm glad you have found God. Did it take long??? :LOL::LOL:

making it rain and stuff like that. 
Not on this particular day. It was warm bright and sunny. Although, there was enough coming out the back of the other van to make me question... and certainly enough to dirt in it to overwhelm my windscreen washers - regardless of who and when they were invented...(y)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
112 reply's all varied opinions as I very rarely use a sit I very rarely close my tap but my tank out let drains the tank completely.
so I don't seem to leave any trale.
I love rainy days to if I have had to store my water a bit of a dribble will never be notes on a already wet road
bill

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I've said it before Highway disposal is the way. On many RV's there is a system called Highway disposal. Once on the move the Pee and Poo is mixed up with the grey waste water and ground up. Once ground it is injected into the exhaust manifold where it is vaporised and simply blows out of the exhaust!
That would give certain something to the motorway fragances of fresh flowers and diesel fumes

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I thought we were talking about what Motorhomes do
I think that some people think it is the same thing, waste water = cattle shit.
Simple answer for all of this is
1 do not wash
2 lick your plates clean and put back in drawer.
3 put a long tube and drop it under the caravan next to you and blame them.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Someone has probably stolen it when you were not looking to put on their lawn.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
What? Whaaatt? there's a tap on the grey water tank that closes?:Eeek:

Good grief ! how long has that been then?
I don't know! nobody tells me anything!:doh:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Oh dear I've done it again, I love it when it gets boring and the greywater topic. comes up it is always a good bun fight at least once a month.
Maybe it is because I call myself GWAY- GWAY maybe GREY- GREY- WATER , would be better.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Except for covering all the following vehicles in sh@tty dirty water, as did the tw&t who went passed me on the M11 with his grey tap open. My windscreen was so dirty, I eventually had to make a specific stop and clean it :mad::mad::mad:

He must have had an AWFUL lot of water on board to do that on a Motorway, I would have thought it would have gone in a couple of minutes after opening the tap, or was it one of the patented wind opening valves.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back