Drive away awnings

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ravman, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ravman

ravman Read Only Funster

Hi all
    I'm thinking of a Outdoor revolution movelite xl drive away awning to go with my Autosleeper Ravenna. Measured hight to bottom of awning (Fiamma F45i) that seem ok. Any thoughts, tips or experience with this item?
    Please share.
    thanks

2. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

We had one of these but the high winds early last year took their toll on the poles - the fibreglass shredded with the constant flexing.

It was easy to put up and lightweight but I couldn't recommend it, I'm afraid.

We now have an Outwell one with steel poles :thumb:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  3. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

We have had several Outdoor Revolution free-standing awnings (don't ask!) and all have been very good quality and withstood very windy weather. We used our OR XL at the Stratford Show recently and once we'd got it nice and secure (important with all of this type of awning), it stayed up in the very strong wind without any problems at all, the only problem we had was fixing it well enough to our MH as ours is quite low compared to some so we found the 'tunnel' part flopped around so we ended up having to mess around trying to gather the material to stop it flapping around. However, we've now changed to an OR Square which is shorter so fits our MH better (we had one previously but an older model). So, so long as you ensure that you get the guy lines etc nice and tight and use the storm straps, it should be as good, if not better, than any other similar awning on the market.

We'll be putting ours up at the Western Show if you want to have a nosey. :Smile:

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Good awning, sold loads of them, there is quite a selection of these available now including the new Tech Canopy range.

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/categories/Awnings-Annexes-Groundsheets/Outdoor-Revolution-Awnings/

Peter

5. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi , We had similar awning, Kampa travel pod, great awning but a little difficult for 2 peeps to put up, so just sold it . But it was fine while it was up lots of room we could attach to roll out awning or it came with enough tunnel between van and pod so that you could just throw over the van ( it came with extra guy ropes ) this elliminated having to thred through awning rail.

6. blamehofman

blamehofman Read Only Funster

We've got one of these and never had no trouble apart from having to replace the pegs with much sturdier ones .

We attach ours to the awning rail with the figure 8 clips and its quick and easy to unclip and drive away

Attached Files:

7. Gunner29

Gunner29 Read Only Funster

replacement poles

have been offered a movelite XL awning by a friend at a very good price.
    However one pole is split so two questions;
    Are they subject to splitting say in high winds?
    How can I procure a new one?

8. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi gunner we have had ours up in really high winds all over Scotland with no problems, can't help you with the spares but I'm sure you will be able to get them or repair them no problem.

9. keith

keith Funster

Had an Outdoor Revolution, now at Zahora with Marie and Rex. Split poles are not a problem to replace, but they do seem to split.

We have an Apache drive away, had it some years without any problems, 3m by 4m, steel poles don't split. :thumb:

Jean and I cant put ours up without problems, so any of you youngsters should have no problems.

Ours is for sale now as we want to be more mobile. It will be at the Bring and Buy in June if anyone is interested, we will have it erected for inspection. :BigGrin:

10. yorkshirepudding

yorkshirepudding Read Only Funster

We have had one for three years or so and the poles seem to be the weak point. Ours is bound with gaffa tape. We often leave the tunnel section wrapped up to stop the flapping. They supply a spare pole section but I haven't got round to fitting it.
    Would I buy another? Well the price is right and I suppose you get what you pay for.