Jan 23, 2012
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
motorhome
Exp
3 years
Hi all
I'm thinking of a Outdoor revolution movelite xl drive away awning to go with my Autosleeper Ravenna. Measured hight to bottom of awning (Fiamma F45i) that seem ok. Any thoughts, tips or experience with this item?
Please share.
thanks

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
We had one of these but the high winds early last year took their toll on the poles - the fibreglass shredded with the constant flexing.

It was easy to put up and lightweight but I couldn't recommend it, I'm afraid.

We now have an Outwell one with steel poles :thumb:

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have had several Outdoor Revolution free-standing awnings (don't ask!) and all have been very good quality and withstood very windy weather. We used our OR XL at the Stratford Show recently and once we'd got it nice and secure (important with all of this type of awning), it stayed up in the very strong wind without any problems at all, the only problem we had was fixing it well enough to our MH as ours is quite low compared to some so we found the 'tunnel' part flopped around so we ended up having to mess around trying to gather the material to stop it flapping around. However, we've now changed to an OR Square which is shorter so fits our MH better (we had one previously but an older model). So, so long as you ensure that you get the guy lines etc nice and tight and use the storm straps, it should be as good, if not better, than any other similar awning on the market.

We'll be putting ours up at the Western Show if you want to have a nosey. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , We had similar awning, Kampa travel pod, great awning but a little difficult for 2 peeps to put up, so just sold it . But it was fine while it was up lots of room we could attach to roll out awning or it came with enough tunnel between van and pod so that you could just throw over the van ( it came with extra guy ropes ) this elliminated having to thred through awning rail.

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
We've got one of these and never had no trouble apart from having to replace the pegs with much sturdier ones .

We attach ours to the awning rail with the figure 8 clips and its quick and easy to unclip and drive away

Attachments

• thumbnail.aspx.jpg
    thumbnail.aspx.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 10

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
replacement poles

have been offered a movelite XL awning by a friend at a very good price.
However one pole is split so two questions;
Are they subject to splitting say in high winds?
How can I procure a new one?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi gunner we have had ours up in really high winds all over Scotland with no problems, can't help you with the spares but I'm sure you will be able to get them or repair them no problem.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Had an Outdoor Revolution, now at Zahora with Marie and Rex. Split poles are not a problem to replace, but they do seem to split.

We have an Apache drive away, had it some years without any problems, 3m by 4m, steel poles don't split. :thumb:

Jean and I cant put ours up without problems, so any of you youngsters should have no problems.

Ours is for sale now as we want to be more mobile. It will be at the Bring and Buy in June if anyone is interested, we will have it erected for inspection. ::bigsmile:

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
We have had one for three years or so and the poles seem to be the weak point. Ours is bound with gaffa tape. We often leave the tunnel section wrapped up to stop the flapping. They supply a spare pole section but I haven't got round to fitting it.
Would I buy another? Well the price is right and I suppose you get what you pay for.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back