Drive away awning

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by PaulyP, Apr 10, 2014.

1. PaulyP

PaulyP Funster

There was recently a thread on here about the Vango Kela airbeam drive away awning.
    Someone was about to order one and others said they had them.

I am thinking of getting one, so looking for more opinions from those people that have them.

2. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

We have a Kampa 390xl, thats a "drive away" awning, used it once, £200, or a Fiama Clik System awning for £150, pm me for details.

3. swanseajack13

swanseajack13 Funster

swanseajack

we have a vango driveaway great bit of kit spend more time in that than our mh problem its to big 5m off mh so we have now for 2014 kampa air awing only 3m off mh hope it fits not like 2013 unit had to send it back to short from awing rail to ground but not a driveaway unit

4. PaulyP

PaulyP Funster

Thanks, but the Vanga Kela seems so easy to erect, as it's a blow up that takes minutes to erect.
    As my wife is disabled it is something i will have to erect myself.

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi Paul

I stock them with Funsters Discount:thumb:

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/vango-kela-airaway.html

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  6. PaulyP

PaulyP Funster

Yes i know Peter i have been looking at them on your web site, i may well be phonig soon for an order, are they as easy to erect as they appear to be.

7. Chris69

Chris69 Read Only Funster

Hi
    We have one and used it last year without problem.
    I replied to the post last week but will give similar info again.

We have Kela Tall, it is very easy to erect and take down.
    I am a 69 years young lady and can do the job on my own if necessary (my husband is disabled).

If you buy one I advise taking out the inner tent before erecting because when fully erected the toggles holding it in place are hard to get at. The inflated beams get in the way.
    We used the awning connected and unconnected to MH and it stood up very well to strong winds.

When connected to roll out canopy the habitation door catches the tunnel canvas slightly but not a major problem. We do not have very much clearance above habitation door.

When erecting it is important to connect to MH first and then peg out footprint before inflating. You will probably need to adjust pegging when fully erected.
    If you are using on hard standing I advise putting extra protection where the beams meet the ground . I didn't do this first time and the movement caused by strong wind wore away fabric on outside of tube sleeve.
    Make sure you inflate to advised pressure there is a regulator in the kit.

I can't think of anything else but if you need more info please ask.
    Only too happy to help.
    Regards
    Chris

Forgot to say you will need a connection kit. It is not supplied as standard.
    I also use a groundsheet under the built in one to give extra protection from stones and sharp objects.

• Like Like x 1
  8. musson

musson Funster

awning

Hi we have a outdoor revolution oxygen 2 got it from show complete kit pump,carpet,groundsheet,drive guides,joining strip we went for this because seemed lighter inside when erected cost 480 from Kimberly caravans regards paul

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gauntlet

Gauntlet Read Only Funster

Peter my mh is the Bessacarr the height from the slot in the wind out canopy to the ground is 260 my concern is that the tunnel will not allow the hab door to open what's your thoughts