Free Member
Jul 4, 2016
kent
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
none
I've had for many years likes the idea of living in a motorhome and just travelling around Britain and Europe but I've never really met anyone with the same vision.I'm now in a position in my life where it could become a reality within a year or so..But I'm so unsure if i would be happy doing this alone. I know there are many females who do this alone but don't know if i would be. I enjoy reading about people who do this or just go off for extended breaks and feel so jealous..Did anyone else feel like this and are there people who find it lonely going away on their own

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Hi and welcome Moira - you are about to get a lot of sound and valuable advice from our Female funsters - go for it!!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome.. I am sure you will get lots of advise from our female solo travellers..
There are a few and we all meet up regular at rallies or when overwintering in places like Spain and Morocco.

One thing about joining here on FUN is that we are like a big extended family.. You get a problem someone can help either with advise or physically. Maybe start small with a little camper and do the UK then branch out from there.. (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Moira I am female and solo. I don't full time but would say if that's in your heart .. go for it. Take books and computer for the bleak days. Go for walks. You will meet many new people and make some lovely friends along the way. Sitting having a coffee in a small cafe will get you talking to people who may become friends. Take the bull by the horns.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hi, we're just back from three weeks in the Western Isles and met quite a few solo lady campers, even a couple of cycling lady campers. Just go for it. One lady we met was certainly in her 70's and nothing seemed to stop her.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
moira

moira

Free Member
Jul 4, 2016
kent
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
none
Thanks for all your replies.will probably save for something very small and try weekends away.I know there are females who happily go alone and do admire them but I'm not sure yet if I'm that sort of person but will try

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, living your dreams is what Motorhoming is all about for most of us. Give it a go, think of the memoirs you'll have for when your in the OAP home. :)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

As Frankie says - take a look at @JackieP posts. She had similar reservations, but did it anyway. Better to do it than spend the rest of your life wondering. Good luck.

Our Bumble

Free Member
Jul 1, 2016
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hello and welcome. I am not a solo motorhomer but still felt the same before we set off, so understand how you feel. I am sure you will be fine x x x

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
This thread is the closest I've ever got to celebrity status. :)

Yes, it's possible. Loneliness depends on your personality but also the places you want to go. It's possible to always be with other people if you choose destinations where folks gather. If you prefer more out of the way places then there's a good chance you will spend some considerable time without conversation. I spent November on the northern Spanish coast and didn't speak to another soul apart from hellos and goodbyes. It was challenging but also it was so good for me to become friends with my solitude and I came to see that I really liked it.

In the beginning I filled my time with 'stuff' - movies, games etc, but as time went on I dropped them and found it made time for other things. I now do a lot of crafting and have started singing again and find those things are better for me and make me happier than sitting playing cards on my tablet.

Perhaps consider dipping your toe in the water. Hire a van or borrow a van and head off somewhere for the weekend alone and see how you do.

The first stage is the consideration stage and you've just passed that with flying colours!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back