Dreams to Reality

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by Jim, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I know that its not a simple transition from house owner/dweller to fulltimer. How long did it take you get full time status; from the spark to the decision and then to get on the road?

2. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

Time is unimportant.

From making a decision whilst sitting in bed one early March morning to the 1st of July - about 15 weeks to sell everything and re-arrange our lifestyles (we moved into a static caravan on a site where we were to be employed as Wardens while awaiting the delivery of the RV. We eventually got the RV (specially imported) early in November and we were on the road the following March. In very round terms - 1 year.

Mo and Dick

3. thehutchies

thehutchies Funster

Two and a half years and counting for us. :Sad:
    Every time we are close to sorting it out, life keeps on intruding, unfortunately.

The latest block was my brother inconsiderately developing a serious illness, which means I'm back working for the company we started some years ago. It does mean, though, that I can work part-time and whenever I choose, so it should help our fulltiming plans.
    Still hoping for a start next summer :thumb:

4. artona

artona

Hi

9 years I reckon, delayed waiting for first three children to reach maturity.

Interested to know though your interpretation of what is full time status

stew

5. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Fulltiming

Hi

11 months from "idea" to being pitched on a campsite.

Incidentally, it is just over a year since I left the house behind.

Russell

6. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Did the anniversary just pass you by Russell or did you celebrate it?

7. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Could you be fulltimer for 6 months? I have heard people say that unless you have sold your house you are not a fulltimer, or that if you are fulltiming for less that a year you are just on a long holiday. :Smile:

I do know that fulltime fulltimers do have problems if they do not have a fixed address, as well as insurance and residency issues so maybe those fulltimers who do not have a house, think that others are "playing at it" :Smile:

To my mind, if your motorhome is your regular home (and you are not on a holiday) then I suppose you are a full timer. I can't see the point in making any real distinction about whether the person has a house that they could go back to, or whether they might eventually buy one or how long they intend to fulltime. Fulltime for the time being is still fulltiming, isn't it?