Drayton Manor Theme Park (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
FYI.........

Drayton Manor’s very own camping & caravan site

75 pitches in one of the most convenient locations on our estate with on-site facilities:-

Toilets/Showers/Disabled Toilet & Shower/Elsen points/ Security

Link Removed

PRICES (from 15 March 2008)
Monday – Thursday £11 per unit per night

Friday – Sunday £13 per unit per night

Awnings are £2 per night or £9 per week

DISCOUNTED ADMISSION TO THEME PARK AND ZOO FOR CAMP SITE VISITORS:–

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Are you therefore setting a meet up there then Sharon:thumb:
I for one would be interested,

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
I would be happy to organise it if you guys would like to give me some suitable dates.:winky:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Come on then someone mention a date or two. July is a no for us as is 16th/17th August.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Andy

Might be a good idea if you and Haganap pick a date between you, then others can join you both if it suits.....

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
Sharon having been in the past involved with Drayton Manor and the organising of rallies there I must warn you that to deal with them is like having teeth pulled. You can never get a decision from anyone, you can never talk to anyone and no body wants to know when you get in touch. I was not only involved with rally side of things but also the booking of a room for a joint Dinner Dance with two other centres of the Caravan Club for up to 160 people and still they were incompetant to say the least. The only people we had any joy with were the catering staff, but as far as the caravan side of things went.. Forget it. :thumbdown:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Thanks for letting us know! So it is the catering staff we need to speak to?::bigsmile:

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
i have had a long associatin with DMP, and suggest you might ask to speak to the MD (Colin Bryan) by name. Then try his son, William. Possibly not available, but it might help get someone to respond. If you get desperate, PM me, and I will try to help.

Des.

sersol

Free Member
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
Hi Sharon,for what its worth this is what we have found.
DMP will NOT take advance bookings,I have tried twice. It seems to take ages to book in at the gate (20 mins or more) The ground is uneven,& when dry very dusty. There are no marked pitches so if a load of you turn up you can park more or less as you like. Saying that if the weather forecast is good you will need an advance party to stake your claim.
There are toilets & showers BUT there is no way I would use them they were on both visits disgusting. Unless its changed this year the access road to the camp ground was tight for my motorhome.
Watch out for un-controlled kids there seems to be thousands of the little s*ds throwing all number of things.
My impression was "a little Billing" now if you like it there then you will love DMP.
Would I stay again............................................................... yes..............................when i get my Abrams A1 TANK.
All joking apart its ok for visiting the park but thats it.
Gary

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Thanks Des and Gary.

I think if anyone would like to grab the bull by the horns and organise a meet here, then please go ahead.

sersol

Free Member
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo......... sorry Jim, but if our plans work out then maybe something in France :winky: who knows where we will end up:winky::winky:

Gary

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
Gary is right about the park in every detail. When we had our joint Dinner Dances it was February so most things were shut anyway including the camp site to anyone else, but still we could get very little joy. We arranged a meeting with the Bryan's
one or the other, made a purpose visit of 40 miles each way for our meeting only to be told on arrival that no one was available to see us. If anyone is brave enough to go ahead with this then BEST OF LUCK.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Did not think you could book Drayton Manor Camp Site

We have been to Drayton manor for the bonfire night displays, because it gets so busy, I did'nt think you could book the site at all, but may be wrong

val

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
We have been to Drayton manor for the bonfire night displays, because it gets so busy, I did'nt think you could book the site at all, but may be wrong

val

If you click the link in the first post Val, you will see that it says you can - however I have never been........:winky:

C

Caravanning

Deleted User
Typical I suppose... I live 2 miles away and have never stopped there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back