LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
hi all ,just thought i would let you all know of a brilliant weekend we have just returned from,i would say the best so far this year.and there is another 1 in september so if any one is interested you have plenty of time to get sorted for that 1.IT was the nsra nostalgia drags at shakespeare county raceway about 5 miles south of stratford at long marston airfield if you google it you will find there website (i did and i dont realy do computers that much so i am sure it must be easy).There must be at least 20 acres of flat grass plus some hard standing,water ,toilets,showers a bar and a marquee with a live band on saturday night brilliant atmosphere, no trouble ,fire crews and ambulance crews on site all weekend .we will definately be going again for the september do so if anyone would like to go please come and introduce yourselves .I dont know if any other funsters where there this weekend but as there where about 20 rv's and about the same number of european campers as well as dozens of caravans and tents i feel prety sure we where not the only ones there.the cost was £30 for non members £25 for nsra members for the weekend camping was included in the price (no extra for rv's)that was from 12 noon friday untill sunday with non stop drag racing on sat/sun:thumb:

OP
OP
buyer

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
no night runs this weekend ,finished about 6 then back for the barbie ,then it was time for the orally administered pain killers(vodka) then out to the entertainment ,then start again at 10 this morning wathing the drags ,all pre 73 some as old as 1920/30's, cant wait till next time.:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

daveyboy

Free Member
Mar 2, 2009
cambs
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
i go to shakey everyear for yanks weekend. love the place/atmoshere.
may go back for the halloween bash this year.
think ive seen your truck somewhere. either eddies or billing maybe warwickshire rod and custom show a few years back:thumb:

OP
OP
buyer

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
you could well have seen my truck at eddies cause we go there for the aac spring nats early in the year then again for eddies bash towards the end of the year,i like his bar(£1 a shot sounds good to me). we also do billing about 3 or 4 times a year, we where there last weekend and 2 weeks before that.love the place and the atmosphere.we go to as many yank do's as possible(,stoney cove this tuesday evening ).if you see us anytime call over and introduce yourself, wer'e easy to spot, my truck is i believe the only 3 door crewcab series 2 chevy in the world ,and my champion europremier rv is the only one in the uk.so as i say quite easy to spot .if iv'e got my barbie on just bring your trof and throw it on and join the party.the more the merier .steve.:thumb:

daveyboy

Free Member
Mar 2, 2009
cambs
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
cheers steve, was at billing myself last week, ace turn out. im one of the avo lads.
going to vasteras in a few weeks for the big meet, been wanting to go for years. dont know about billing in august but im definetly off to eddies end of season, hes a good friend of ours.
just got a newer rv myself, sun voyager much better than the old pace arrow.
same here though, if you see me before i see you then pop over and say hi.
we always park in the bottom field at eddies.:thumb:

ps, have your truck pic in my collection.

WRC032.jpg

OP
OP
buyer

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
that picture looks like it was taken at a show we went to at the end of birmingham airport runway a couple of years ago,and i got a trophy(the only thing i have ever won in my life).eddie usualy saves me a space at the top of the field close to the marquee because he knows i have trouble walking (back) after sampling some of his falling down water.just ask him where steve and rose are and he will be able to point you in the right direction:ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
wow that truck looks great
:thumb:

daveyboy

Free Member
Mar 2, 2009
cambs
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
was at the warwick rod and custom show. was a great little show but the venue was closed down. damn shame.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back