DPF Filters---- Get em Back On Lads!!!! (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Some garages are known to offer their customers DPF deletion services, DVSA has reminded MoT garages that severe penalties will be the result of such action with loss of testing status and also that
it is an offence to drive a vehicle that has been modified in this way.

He said: “The potential penalties for failing to comply with Regulation 61a are fines of up to £1,000 for a car or £2,500 for a light goods vehicle.

As a result of the number of DPFs being modified there has been talk of tighter smoke test values for DPF equipped vehicles to help ensure the DPF is functioning, something the DVSA say will be looked at

“In the meantime, the DVSA is repeating its plans to take action against any business that is authorised for MOT testing who also offers a DPF removal service outside the MOT scheme:Eeek:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
What year did these start being fitted to all vans? I just replaced the exhaust on my van and got it done for £180 because there was no DPF or Cat on it. Just curious as to what year vehicles these were fitted to all van?

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
What year did these start being fitted to all vans? I just replaced the exhaust on my van and got it done for £180 because there was no DPF or Cat on it. Just curious as to what year vehicles these were fitted to all van?

Not sure about vans but my old Euro 3 2005 Mondeo 2.2 TDCi had a CAT & my Euro 5 2014 Mondeo 2.2 TDCi has a CDPF, so probably since 2007/8 - ish for a DPF ?

BUT . . . . Our 2010 MH Euro 4 2.2 TDCi has a CAT & no DPF :eek:

The Ford Puma 2.2 TDCi is widely used in Sevel based MH's.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

unimog

Free Member
May 11, 2014
In the doghouse
Funster No
MH
Mercedes unimog 1300L
Exp
2 years
Most Euro 4 engines after late 2004 but it depends on the emissions . My late 2004 has neither egr valve or dpf but is one of the last not to be fitted with either

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Ours is 2006 Euro 3, was looking into fitting a DPF to allow conversion to Euro 4 for access into the German green zones but never located anyone who could do it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I would imagine that DVSA wont over complicate things, they will use a simple Vin check with the Manf to see if you should have one fitted
and leave burden of proof to you if you believe it shouldn't, but it looks like now. that evidence of tampering will be reason enough to prosecute, unless you blame the Au pair for taking it out to clean it:rolleyes:

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
If you remove the DPF and remove the filter so just leaving the outer shell there is no way of knowing if it's their or not, you cannot strip out for mot purposes, the only possible fly in the ointment is the pressure sensors before and after the DPF May throw up an EML, but unlikely as they work on absolute pressure and without the obstruction of the DPF they will never reach sufficient pressure to trip a warning,
luckily my MH is a euro4 without a DPF,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back