Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Jim is very quite..is he ashamed ?

Well 24 hours have passed.. No news? Jim is very quite... Is he that ashamed!:Blush: .. Or did he brakedown on the way back and is still onthe hard shoulder I wonder?

Come on Jim .. Spill the beans... I take it you did not buy JJ heap..oops sorry delux LHD van:Doh:

Bob:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Buttons new name is Pinocchio

Hi novawight, Yes I am indeed fond of the California but I would never talk about it on here. I like to keep its unbelievable economy and the fact that it will sleep 4 with 5 fully belted seats has diesel heating, 12v compressor fridge, climate control sports car performance comfort and the fact that it will easily get under any height barrier. Yes I like to keep that to myself.:roflmto:
You know what they are like on here, only too ready to condemn anything that does over 10mpg.:cry:
We will have to find a quiet corner somewhere and talk VWs:youbetcha:

We have decided Buttons you can keep the Avitar, but we want you to change the name to Pinocchio....

We (the RV ...Yank owners) think that would fit better with your views of the VW's. The performance and fittings grows by the post very much like Pinocchios nose... Not that we do not beleive you, but I have these fairies at the bottom of my garden..honest.. Would I lie to you..i am a lawyer:Doh::Cool:

Bob:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I recon Jims got home OK
Parked in his yard gone in for the camera, come back out and now cant find the van:Doh:
Have looked behind the Wheelie Bin Jim:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo ex Fun Member

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We went through the downsizing exercise last year, we hunted every dealership, looked at every new european motorhome available to replace our beloved Hurricane rv. Nothing came near it so in the end we settled for our B class RV with twin slideouts , a bit smaller in length height and width but still the rv space and comfort and on lpg acceptable fuel costs, but small enough to reduce forward planning and in hindsight it comes under most of the cclub length restrictions . Dead right for us :thumb::thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well no news yet then.... we just driven pass a local place that had two m/h 's for sale last week local to us and the one m/h has gone from the forecourt :Eeek::Eeek:...it was there middle / late week, it is about the right length that Jim was looking for only cant recall what make it was :Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:
Not much use i know but I wonder if !!!:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

kath

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
What game is this that The Mighty Leader is playing with us common Funsters?

Keeping the identity of his new motorhome secret must be for a reason... maybe he is waiting for a new set of plates before posting the photos...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Whatever the grand plan is ours is not to reason why... ours is to but do and die...

Come on Jim... what van did you get?

JJ

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
FREE FOUSAND TWO UNDRED AND EIGHTY SIX VOUS SO FAR, 76 replies and eleven pages.....................

Jims after the publicity:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
He is paying hard to get

He is paying hard to get.. Like Ezzie when I want he to give me her toy.. Just ignores me...

But..Jim cannot ignore us for ever.. Soon we will have more hits than the word puzzles .... Then he will haven to take notice:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
[QUOTE=Jim;387120]Well I am just about to pick up our new (very old) Motorhome.

I don't think Jim is downsizing i think he has bought a second cheaper to run motorhome for short breaks etc.
:restmycase:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
[QUOTE=Jim;387120]Well I am just about to pick up our new (very old) Motorhome.

I don't think Jim is downsizing i think he has bought a second cheaper to run motorhome for short breaks etc.
:restmycase:

I fink it broke down on the way back:Eeek:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Well I am just about to pick up our new (very old) Motorhome.
We managed to stay under 6m, which was the main aim. almost 5m shorter than our RV

We have 2 double beds and a Single, so that is the same as the RV

We have 6 belts, 4 proper 3-point belted seats two more than the RV

We have a sofa and dinette, and a couple of swivel captains chairs - The same as the RV

We have= a good payload but about a ton less than the RV

Our engine is much smaller than the RV a 5.3lL engine size reduction

We should get about 18 extra miles to the gallon than the RV

Should be back around 7pm, behave yourselves while i'm away::bigsmile:
Yes Jim mentioned it weighed about a ton less lol and a lot smaller engine with approx 18 more MPG

Pics would be good Jim but do tell :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry Funsters I am not deliberately being evasive, just been incredibly busy Spent the weekend exploring St Dogmaels, Gwbert and Mwnt Beach in our new Motorhome.:Cool: If you have ever been to this stunning part of Wales then you will know that it would be impossible to explore it in an RV. The Motorhome behaved impeccably, tight hairpins, narrow lanes and steep hills and when we want to stop, any old car parking space will fit nicely. Done 120 miles since brimming it yesterday and the needle is still jammed on Full, maybe it's stuck, I'll find out soon enough. Very happy with the old bus, thanks for asking after us:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Sorry Funsters I am not deliberately being evasive, just been incredibly busy Spent the weekend exploring St Dogmaels, Gwbert and Mwnt Beach in our new Motorhome.:Cool: If you have ever been to this stunning part of Wales then you will know that it would be impossible to explore it in an RV. The Motorhome behaved impeccably, tight hairpins, narrow lanes and steep hills and when we want to stop, any old car parking space will fit nicely. Done 120 miles since brimming it yesterday and the needle is still jammed on Full, maybe it's stuck, I'll find out soon enough. Very happy with the old bus, thanks for asking after us:thumb:

OMG

Blessed Leader... What van is it?.... PLEEEEEESSSSSSEEEE tell

JJ

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Bummer wish I could recall the make of the one in Ystradgynlais ....

Def not a landau JJ he would never park in them there welsh places:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But wouldnt be surprised if it was a Hymer ...lovely vans

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes JJ, It's a 12 year old superb tiny Hymer ::bigsmile: I'll post some piccies tomorrow:Smile:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes JJ, It's a 12 year old superb tiny Hymer ::bigsmile: I'll post some piccies tomorrow:Smile:

Thank you Jim ! We will all sleep tonight knowing you didnt get tempted with a tugger set -up after all

Party on I say and look forward to seeing you at more meets hopefully

:party2::party2::party2::party2::party2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back