Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
last time I drove in Germany was when I was in army , is it the same now no HGV allow to move on a Sunday and on the auto bahn no speed limits !!!! Info needed .

It is, I think from 7pm Saturday to &pm Sunday night no HGV unless you have dispensation.. There are speed limits in places, past junctions and the like, but no matter how fast you go , something always comes by. That said, I think in 5 years I have seen one crash, and that was in road works. There is no single traffic queues for miles, everyone get to where it shuts and filters in , as it should be.
One thing I wasn't aware of until recently was that with a TAG axle you are actually restricted on the Autobahn more than a twin wheel for speed , for the same weight... doesn't alter the speed I go, but handy to know. think its 100kmh.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
It is, I think from 7pm Saturday to &pm Sunday night no HGV unless you have dispensation.. There are speed limits in places, past junctions and the like, but no matter how fast you go , something always comes by. That said, I think in 5 years I have seen one crash, and that was in road works. There is no single traffic queues for miles, everyone get to where it shuts and filters in , as it should be.

Totally agree, we spent three weeks toyring Germany last summer. Their road system is fantastic with regular parking spots. Felt very safe on the roads everyone seemed to know what they are doing. Road works flowed through very easy because people didn't leave it to last min to get into lane.

Deleted User
Most of them seem to congregate in the UK ,in front of me , any time I am going somewhere..

Perhaps you should try to chill and slow down:)......then they will all be behind you:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
If you really wanted to conserve fuel, you would tag on as they go past. One of my reasons for downsizing to an A class was speed. I have given up trying to save fuel, it costs what it costs, I find its easier to save money by filling up where its cheap, than trying to extract more out of what you put in. If I was looking at 5mpg more , I might think about it, but I am resigned to the fact it does 20mpg and that's it.. used to get 18 out of the 7.5 tonner, and that was like driving a block of flats.
I was teasing Phil, I don't hang around, or worry about conserving fuel :D

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
I guess i like space, and comfort, rather than having to be wedged in .
hmmmmm that's one of the reasons we changed from a tiny Hymer Eriba caravan to our current Adria Coral Supreme...and the space....oooooooooo.......it''s amazing....though I do miss some of the design bits of the Hymer...we've definitely done the right thing for us:D

Jun 28, 2016
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Ixeo 680G
Exp
We had a Burster Elegance which just didn't work for us. The lack of space around the bed and the steps up proved dangerous and lack of space in the bathroom, especially on the toilet!!
We have now downsized to a Burster Ixeo 680G and we LOVE it.
So glad we had the Elegance first as it made us realise what we needed.
Fantastic van, everything in the right place. TV well situated at the back of the chair. Bed in the ceiling. Lots of room in the living area. Nice bathroom and plenty of toilet space. Perfect. So glad my hubby made me look.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 25, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
We had a Burstner Nexxo 740T and loved the island bed and garage. I felt as it was too large to take into towns and park,so we used to look for sites that had bus services close by.
I fancied a PVC but had trouble convincing my wife of the benefits until we went to the NEC show and saw the Wildax Constellation.
Obviously no van is perfect , we now have to make up the beds and we don't have the capacity to take loads of gear with us but I think the benefits far outweigh the downsides for us.
It is better on fuel easier to drive and park ,we keep it on the drive at home therefore saving the storage charges.
It's a big decision to make which van to purchase, so I think the advice to hire one first is good .

Geriatric Germ

Free Member
Mar 20, 2011
Llandysul
Funster No
MH
Liner
Exp
since 2010
Or you could keep your space and comfort and drag something smaller for Little Villages ??

upload_2017-2-27_11-7-9.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back