Downloading music onto a memory stick. (1 Viewer)

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Ha, believe it or not, surrounded by all this technology, iPhones, satellite systems, laptops, solar, sky etc etc etc I am going to ask, what may be, a simple question.

How the hell do I download music from the internet to a memory stick I can then put in my music system in the MoHo and play whilst on my travels?????????????????? Sick of sticking CD's in.

May seem elementary to some but I have never done this - flack expected. :hardhat: And in English if possible.:roflmto:

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Not sure if this is what your asking..

You can buy it legally from the likes of iTunes..

Install iTunes then create an account in the iTunes store.. buy tracks or albums..then copy paste it onto your stick, MP3 device or burn CDs

or you can download free on a peer to peer network .. (that's illegal)

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'm sure someone with more knowledge will give you a better reply than this. I have to download the music files onto my PC hard drive and then use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the files I want onto temporary storage devices. I usually use a mini-SD card for an MP3 player. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
when asked where to download to just direct it to the stick but it really is much slower than downloading to your desktop then once you have it drag and drop to the stick if u r using itunes then it will prolly go direct to the folder my music

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
What I do is rip CDs into MP3 format and store on my hard drive, you can also do this if you download MP3s from Amazon for example.
You can then simply drag and drop your selected songs and albums onto the USB flash drive. It is just the same as moving between folders on your computer or laptop.
By the way, if you are using iTunes, then you will need to go into the folder where the music is stored then drag and drop as above.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trikeman

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Many Thanks all - got it sussed,,,,,, with your help!::bigsmile:

Can now fill my memory sticks up to the hilt - probably more music than I would need for a round the world trip I suppose......

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Last edited:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Don't bury the MP3 music files too deep in folder after folder - some music systems can't find them. Assume only one layer of folders is readable and you won't be far wrong. Best bet is to have a folder for the album that the track(s) came off (if copied from CD) and leave it at that.

If you use iTunes (free to download) to copy off CDs or to download music files from the interweb it will organise your music in folders automatically. Just find where they've been stored (you can decide this) and copy direct to your memory stick with drag and drop while it's plugged into your computer.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Another source of free music is good old steam radio. I also record the odd play and comedy show which makes a change.

I record these programs using Audacity, which is free. Just Google to find it.

Then fire up iPlayer on your PC and play the program you want and record it with Audacity which effectively records what you can hear coming out of the speakers.

You can edit the recording easily, e.g. trim the ends of stuff you don't want. Audacity records the program in its own format but afterwards you can export it in mp3 format for your memory stick. There is a choice of mp3 quality, I would go for the best as space is unlikely to be a problem.

You can also export it in .cda format for making CDs, which is what I do to get something to listen to when driving.

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Another source of free music is good old steam radio. I also record the odd play and comedy show which makes a change.

I record these programs using Audacity, which is free.

Just be aware of copyright issues....... You can get all sorts of stuff from Audible from talking books to radio plays and series and even language courses. It's worth checking out what is free.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back