Dover to Calais best price at the moment?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by brimo, Jan 31, 2016.

1. brimo

brimo

Hi Everyone

Looking to book our next ferry crossing. Have used the tunnel for years and years but prices are constantly rising. I can get a reduction with Tesco vouchers on the tunnel but the crossings are about £81-£87 for a +7 metre van each way.

I know that we can get a 10% discount with CC& C club but best price on the ferry I can see crossing April 2nd back on 4th June is about £153.

Any better deals about?

Thanks for looking :)

2. Phil65

Phil65 Funster

Have you tried different times on different days? I booked with P&O back in September and got a crossing for early morning a week this Tuesday for £46.80

3. brimo

brimo

Yes I usually do late evening going out as we travel to Dover from up norf and then early morning coming back !!

4. stevec

stevec Funster

Mid March after 6pm out and early April early coming back. £159 thro the tunnel. Booked last week.

5. brimo

brimo

Thanks Steve, I notice that once you get past mid-March prices rise by about £9 :-(

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  6. robrace

robrace Funster

You pays your money and takes your choice but for us it's the tunnel every time.Pick your crossing right and you can get across for about £150 return..We find it more convenient and quicker.Dover 20mins to half an hour further than Tunnel and another gal of fuel!!(return)Within about an hour of arriving at Folkestone we are in France!!We go straight to the Marina and settle in for the night! 7euro.

7. manda3000gt

manda3000gt Funster

Just looked at booking with the CC&C website same crossing at the same date & time £5 more than booking with the ferry company direct, 10% discount ??

8. brimo

brimo

Hi Dave

What I have done in the past is get the web site up with a price and THEN ring CC & C and ask for the 10% discount :) That's always worked.

9. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

This year I booked Dover-Calais P&O single outbound then Dunkirk-Dover DFDS single for the return journey in the hope of by-passing any spontaneous outbreaks of bother at Calais on the way back. In each case it was an early sailing on a weekday. Our MH is 7m with bikes at the bike, two adults travelling. Total cost was just below £100 for the complete return trip, which is less than we've previously paid for a P&O return via CC&C.

It was cheaper to book the outbound single direct with P&O than it was through C&CC's Carefree service - I tried both. I did this for two separate trips abroad, booking on Jan 1 - prices tend to rise the closer you get to departure.

10. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Sorry don't know there prices !!

DFDS FERRIES CHANGES

The ex-MyFerryLink/ex-SeaFrance ferries, the Rodin and Berlioz, will start sailing the Dover-Calais route soon. The Rodin, now renamed Côte des Dunes, should start on 9 February and the Berlioz, now renamed Côte des Flandres, should start on 16 February.

• Useful Useful x 1