LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I am not keeping a list of your generous offers of buying the DS,but I will post any updates of ETA and ordering details when the time comes, Thanks All
Don't forgot your offer to include a free diffuser to Funsters & let us know how to add that to any orders please.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
I've been using a double skillet (not the same one I hasten to add) for over 20 years. It's a great piece of kit and I've probably got one of the last ones that was available to buy around 3 years ago. Good luck with the sales, I'm sure you will have plenty of orders and when mine starts giving up the ghost, I'll be looking for you!

OP
OP
R

richard foks

Free Member
Jan 19, 2016
lancashire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1990
Latest update
For those that had the older DS pan you remember the discolouration in the exterior of the pan especially if you washed it in a dishwasher, as the alloy reacted. So to eliminate that and staining externally I have the option of having the exterior of the pans coated in a hard wearing gloss heat resistant silver coating and I am keen for this external finnish to be applied and personally I think this would bring the DS bang up to date, but of course I would welcome your opinions. Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not sure I can see the pros and cons - I don't have a dishwasher so it's not an issue for me and I like that I can give the outside a good scrub without worrying about damaging the coating, but the coating could make it easier to keep clean in the first place .... hmmmmm ... not sure! Would it make any difference to the cost? The only reason I ask is that whilst the DS is great it is a bit 'pricey' so if it means its going to be even more that may be an issue for some. What sort of price are we looking at for it with the coating and without?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Latest update
For those that had the older DS pan you remember the discolouration in the exterior of the pan especially if you washed it in a dishwasher, as the alloy reacted. So to eliminate that and staining externally I have the option of having the exterior of the pans coated in a hard wearing gloss heat resistant silver coating and I am keen for this external finnish to be applied and personally I think this would bring the DS bang up to date, but of course I would welcome your opinions. Thanks

Sounds like a good idea some of the older ones I've seen looked a bit manky to say the least.(y)

OP
OP
R

richard foks

Free Member
Jan 19, 2016
lancashire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1990
Not sure I can see the pros and cons - I don't have a dishwasher so it's not an issue for me and I like that I can give the outside a good scrub without worrying about damaging the coating, but the coating could make it easier to keep clean in the first place .... hmmmmm ... not sure! Would it make any difference to the cost? The only reason I ask is that whilst the DS is great it is a bit 'pricey' so if it means its going to be even more that may be an issue for some. What sort of price are we looking at for it with the coating and without?

Same price

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Will they be tougher than the old ones? Ours got dropped and they bend easily
... a likely story if ever I heard it ... you were bashed over the head with it weren't you!!! :rolleyes: No pan on earth will survive hitting your nogging! :rofl:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
We have had ours for more than 20 years and although it still serves us well it is beginning to show its age.
We would certainly be in for another set.

Jun 28, 2015
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Will they be tougher than the old ones? Ours got dropped and they bend easily

Well they are for cooking not dropping

I do appreciate that they are for cooking, not dropping. As it was me that dropped them though, I thought I'd better reply. Both the large & the small one were dropped as I was carrying too much but I was surprised how buckled they became especially as it was onto a laminate floor, not stone or brick! I've dropped plates on that floor which haven't broken. I would hope that the new ones are more robust as I do like using them & would like to continue to do so.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I do appreciate that they are for cooking, not dropping. As it was me that dropped them though, I thought I'd better reply. Both the large & the small one were dropped as I was carrying too much but I was surprised how buckled they became especially as it was onto a laminate floor, not stone or brick! I've dropped plates on that floor which haven't broken. I would hope that the new ones are more robust as I do like using them & would like to continue to do so.
A few belts with a rubber mallet, applied by the capable Shifty ;) would soon have sorted out the dents. :LOL:

cheers,

Jock. ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
A few belts with a rubber mallet, applied by the capable Shifty ;) would soon have sorted out the dents. :LOL:

cheers,

Jock. ;)
No need for a rubber mallet ... just keep hitting ShiftZZ on the head with it until it goes back into shape again ... the pan that is!:LOL:

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We have had the large DS since 2006 and now would love a new one.

Feb 15, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer T class
Exp
Can't wait - had one for years but mine has now looking worse for wear. I have even dug out my recipe book

VWLT45

Free Member
May 2, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
VW LT45
Exp
Since 2006
We have been looking for an original for ages now do if you do go ahead and make these please please let me know as we'll definitely buy one. Also one of our friends would like one too

Caramac

Free Member
May 16, 2016
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
3 years
Well, here is the sample and we are extremley pleased with it, same spec as the original but with more uptodate non stick coating.I will keep posted as soon as the time scale comes through. Once again , thank you all for your input, it has been invaluable.
View attachment 99583 View attachment 99584
Hi Richard, any update on timing please? are we talking weeks, months or years? We're heading to Europe for a few months and need to decide whether we have time to wait for your product - if not we'll buy an alternative. Thanks in advance

Dee 123

Free Member
Jul 6, 2014
Funster No
Well, here is the sample and we are extremley pleased with it, same spec as the original but with more uptodate non stick coating.I will keep posted as soon as the time scale comes through. Once again , thank you all for your input, it has been invaluable.
View attachment 99583 View attachment 99584

Looks the same as the one I bought in Spain

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have seen the tortilla pans but they are very shallow. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Dee has seen something else.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back