Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
The Double Skillet came with removable handles, and a glass lid. One pan was of a slightly larger diameter than the other, and the two came together to form a seal. They could be inverted as one complete unit, and acted as an oven. If using liquids, the smaller pan had to be used first, so as not to spill any when both pans were inverted, ie, small pan pours into large pan.

HTH,

Jock. :)
The Double Skillet we have has the handles screwed on, not clip on removable.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
About
Described as a mini oven, the Double Skillet is in fact much more. The two non-stick pans combined with a heat resistant glass lid will cook almost anything from a simple breakfast to a full roast complete with roast potatoes and veg. In fact the Double Skillet is ideal for boiling, frying, curries, toasted sandwiches, chips, jacket potatoes, cakes, pies, pasties, pizzas, pancakes and scones to name but a few.

The Double Skillet is designed specifically for use in caravans, motorhomes and boats, and will fit comfortably on the hobs as well as being compact enough to store easily. The detachable handles not only help storage but enable them to be used within a conventional oven if needed.

The two pans can be used separately, clipped together as a mini oven or layered one above the other which is ideal for cooking meat or fish in the lower pan while the upper pan cooks or steams the vegetables.
To accommodate limited space, cooking for two or for a family, there are two sizes available, 8″ and 9½”. The easy clean pans only need a short soak in warm soapy water while the need for only minimal heat provides economy and efficiency.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
I have just had a good look at ours and yes the handles do come off for storage.

We got ours preassembled from someone else and have not had the need to press the button on the handle to remove them. We may have been told about the handles being removable or must had forgotten.

You learn a little every day.

JSW

Jan 24, 2016
Funster No
MH
PVC
Yes, we'd be very interested. Wish we had purchased one when they were demonstrated at shows years ago.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

richard foks

Free Member
Jan 19, 2016
lancashire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1990
Firstly, thank you all for your input, we are now having these reproduced by a company that supplies and manufactures for leading supermarkets and cookware outlets.
The spec is the same ie 2mm thick alluminium with detachable handles and lid and clip in clips, the non stick coating is the latest high spec and the cost will be in the region of £ 49.95 inc postage only the 8 inch is being produced. We are now waiting for the first sample to come through to us, which should be with us hopefully by the end of March, then once we are happy they will go into production, as soon as the sample comes through I will upload a photo and be able to give a better indication as to when stock will arrive and ordering details. Once again thank you for your input and comments. Richard

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It's a good start especially for us who wanted the addition of the 8" to our drawer but was unable to secure from the original seller

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Put us down for one please. Can you post to France? If not we can get it sent to daughters in Englandshire!

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
We use our skillet at home as well as in the van so in the past 10 years it has done well. We would love a new 12 inch one if they will make them

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Yes please,,BUSBY.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm still up for one especially now the new van doesn't have an oven. Feel free to pm me when you have a delivery date.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Can anyone describe them? The link won't load for me properly
I'm curious as people seem so keen .

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Firstly, thank you all for your input, we are now having these reproduced by a company that supplies and manufactures for leading supermarkets and cookware outlets.
The spec is the same ie 2mm thick alluminium with detachable handles and lid and clip in clips, the non stick coating is the latest high spec and the cost will be in the region of £ 49.95 inc postage only the 8 inch is being produced. We are now waiting for the first sample to come through to us, which should be with us hopefully by the end of March, then once we are happy they will go into production, as soon as the sample comes through I will upload a photo and be able to give a better indication as to when stock will arrive and ordering details. Once again thank you for your input and comments. Richard
Don't forget the heat diffuser. Its essential when baking cakes and doing other things that you don't want to burn the bottom off.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Can anyone describe them? The link won't load for me properly
I'm curious as people seem so keen .
The link to the old site in on the first page of the thread. It works for me OK.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Is this actually going to happen does anyone know?

OP
OP
R

richard foks

Free Member
Jan 19, 2016
lancashire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1990
Yes it is happening, we are waiting for the sample to come which should be tail end of March all being well,only doing the 8 inch no thoughts as yet for the 91/2 as we've found the 8inch is more than adequate. looking into giving the diffusser free of charge for orders from here as a thank you. Details will follow as and when.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
OP
OP
R

richard foks

Free Member
Jan 19, 2016
lancashire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 1990
Those are nowhere near the same, very thin metal and shallower and you can't stack them,handles are not removeable and no pirex lid, I got one from somewhere else out of curiosity.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back