Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
I am so angry with the D&F Promotions double skillet recipe booklet I have just received. It cost £7.50 (incl p&P) and is possibly worth 99p. 10 pages of soups I ask you. 99% of the recipes are for using one pan with glass lid only. I know how to use a frying pan - I don't need a recipe book for that. What I wanted was a book giving recipes using the double skillet in its most versatile ways - i.e. as an oven or double decker pans. I'm bitterly disappointe4d as I was looking forward to trying out my new "toy" before we leave for France next mointh.

Can anyone help with some easy recipes for two using the skillet in its most useful function. Would oven chips cook in the top deck (expect them to be a bit soggy)? Could I cook unbattered fish in the bottom at the same time?

I'm sure there is someone out there with just what I want to know.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi June, Siân uses our double skillet all the time, everything from a roast dinner to warming Croissants, I'll get her to jot down some tips:thumb:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Jim - nice idea, but the issue is with the product, the recipe book.

By all accounts they have sold a lot, I know GJH love them, but if the book is rubbish then they should be told.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Can't help with that., If it was bought on line, then send it back and ask for your money back stating the reasons you gave.

The product was owned by two women, they have been doing the shows for donkeys years, one has since died and I heard a rumour it might be up for sale, but you know what rumours can be like.

I was responding to the second half of the post asking about tips on using it. :thumb:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I've just read this thread to my wife, who recently purchased a double skillet and the recipe book. She is a keen cook and like the OP, she was extremely disappointed with the book.

Apparently, not only is the content generally weak, but she thought the recipies were also very old fashioned too. :Sad:

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
double skillet

Jin - I would be so grateful. Please thank Sian for me.

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
recipe book

I have sent a rather angry email to the company. It's not worth sending back as I'd just about break even. The book was £5 and P&P £2.50. They might return the £5 but by the time I'd paid postage to return it ...............

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Unfortunately, I now recall the service was tardy when the cooking pans and books were ordered online. There was absolutely no acknowledgement of the order, and the items took about two weeks to be delivered. We did at one point send an email, to check on preogress and to ensure the payments had gone through properly, but recieved no reply. :Sad:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I too recently bought one and after 3 weeks, I too thought it had gone missing, so phoned, to be told off, by a quite rude woman for daring to phone her.:RollEyes:

Jim, if Sian wanted to publish her recipe book, on line it could possibly provide a little extra revenue for you poor people over there in Wales.:RollEyes:

I'd buy it, but free would be better.:thumb:

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
Can't fault the service Mike - just the product. It came within two or three days of ordering.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back