Free Member
May 3, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Thinking about it
Good to hear there is some hope then. They're not cheap and I'm not prepared to write of that amount of cash. I have read on other forums that the service is always slow and it's not unheard of for orders never to arrive. It also seems that anyone who has pursued their missing skillet or their money has been met with extraordinary rudeness. Emails are apparently always ignored. I must say,I'm surprised she's still in business. I have sent a very 'polite' enquiry by email but don't hold out much hope. PayPal states any disputes must be addressed within 45 days of purchase. Hopefully my new toy will have arrived by then but I'll put a note in the diary, just the same.

Just wondering if you have had any luck yet. I ordered a double skillet (small) and heat diffuser on Monday 8th April. To date I have not received these items nor have I yet received any confirmation of my order. I am wondering if anything is going to arrive in time for my holiday. I paid by Paypal so they have already received payment for these items and postage. I have now sent three e-mails and will have to contact Paypal soon to try to get my cash back so that I can purchase another type of cookware though so many people have said that the skillet is really good.

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just wondering if you have had any luck yet. I ordered a double skillet (small) and heat diffuser on Monday 8th April. To date I have not received these items nor have I yet received any confirmation of my order. I am wondering if anything is going to arrive in time for my holiday. I paid by Paypal so they have already received payment for these items and postage. I have now sent three e-mails and will have to contact Paypal soon to try to get my cash back so that I can purchase another type of cookware though so many people have said that the skillet is really good.
Sad to say, I have heard nothing-no sign of skillet, no reply to three emails. I think it's a lost cause. You can only give her the benefit of the doubt for so long. All our money is sitting in her account and she hasn't even had the courtesy to acknowledge us or our concerns. I know Payal will help with disputes but if she's just dishonest and has spent it, we'll, I'm beginning to lose hope.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Looks like someone got one yesterday. This has been posted on the Wild Camping forum only yesterday -

We originally ordered in Jan cheque was returned out of stock ordered again first week of April arrived this morning.
We have one we have had for 3 years I remember it took a while to come. Sandra (boss) rang at time and she answered and 3 days later it arrived. So this time we thought it would take 4 or 5 weeks and it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
:Cool:
Looks like someone got one yesterday. This has been posted on the Wild Camping forum only yesterday -

We originally ordered in Jan cheque was returned out of stock ordered again first week of April arrived this morning.
We have one we have had for 3 years I remember it took a while to come. Sandra (boss) rang at time and she answered and 3 days later it arrived. So this time we thought it would take 4 or 5 weeks and it

Aah, I shall keep the faith a while longer then. It's really worrying when you get no response from her and when she's got that amount of our money! I will hold on though because I do really want one. That's probably how she gets away with such poor customer service-having the monopoly on these products. Fingers crossed then. Let us know if you get yours.

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
double skillet ladies

If your skillet doesn't come try ebay. I ordered mine second hand for half price and it arrived in almost new condition - perfectly adequate - even had a diffuser with it. I know there was one on ebay a short time ago for less than half price.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have given up the the dear Frances and have got my money back through PayPal. Opened the dispute yesterday and they confirmed a refund this morning. Bought a Cobb BBq instead ::bigsmile:

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
bbq cobb

I googled BBQ cob and it looks wonderful. Not sure that it isn't better than a double skillet. Was concerned at first that it was outdoors only but apparently not after the initial lighting. Do let us know how you get along with it.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Just emptying the motorhome, the garage is chok-a-blok, so's the spare room, how did we get it all in the van?

Double skillet for sale, rarely used: £250 ono :RollEyes:

Oh yes, and Halogen oven for sale, rarely used, buyer to collect from Kings Lynn area only £25 ono. :Smile:

Cadac for sale, rarely used, buyer to collect from Kings Lynn area £75 ono.

We use our hob and the oven a lot. :thumb:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I googled BBQ cob and it looks wonderful. Not sure that it isn't better than a double skillet. Was concerned at first that it was outdoors only but apparently not after the initial lighting. Do let us know how you get along with it.

The cobb is just something I've been NEEDING for a while, it's not meant as a replacement for the double skillet.

Mind you, after I won the auction on Ebay for the Cobb, I then cooked a rather splendid spatchcock chicken on the Cadac. Colin was very smug in saying " this wouldn't have fitted on a cobb" he thinks I have some sort of cooking implement fetish! :ROFLMAO:

Teckel

Free Member
May 3, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Thinking about it
The cobb is just something I've been NEEDING for a while, it's not meant as a replacement for the double skillet.

Mind you, after I won the auction on Ebay for the Cobb, I then cooked a rather splendid spatchcock chicken on the Cadac. Colin was very smug in saying " this wouldn't have fitted on a cobb" he thinks I have some sort of cooking implement fetish! :ROFLMAO:

Ok I'm going to contact Paypal tomorrow. Then I'll leave a saved search on e-bay. If no luck there I just might try ordering the DS sometime in the future - when she has a bona fide e-mail and a telephone number that's not ex-directory.

mandymops

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Streatham
Funster No
MH
bedford rascal nipper
Exp
I'm a newbie
Alleluia

I have just received a n email from Frances telling me she sent it on the 6th by registered mail! ::bigsmile:

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Had an email from Frances yesterday evening saying large double skillets are in stock, small ones expected in about 3 weeks.
Ordered ours
:thumb:

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Well I am glad she has resurfaced. I am now reluctant to give someone with such poor customer care my hard earned dosh. Even though I opened the dispute with PayPal, an email from Frances apologising for the delay and lack of communication would have gone a long way to restoring faith.

dickydarling

Free Member
Feb 3, 2011
Halifax uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Has anyone seen 'hide nor hare' of these people. I ordered a double skillet off their website sometime ago and have not heard anything since. I have emailed three times and left several messages on their answer service. Went to ring them again today only to find they have removed their contact number and the line is dead. Really really want a double skillet but they are terrible at communicating with their customers. :Angry:
Same here, ordered 26th April 2013. New address is D+F Promotions, The Barn, Stoneacre Farm, Matts Hill Road, Sittingborn, Kent, ME97XA. No phone No!:Angry:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User

No no no no no............ outdoors only! (we just bought one ::bigsmile: )

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
bbq cob

Thanks for that. I could have sworn I read that after the initial lighting when the flames have died down you can use it indoors in a well ventilated area. Also found one man who was going to use it in his canoe but that's a different story. No prob with ventilation there!

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
In defence of Frances.

She has just re-located from E Anglia to Kent
Lost her business partner etc.
She never was the best at customer relations but
The Product is Excellent.::bigsmile:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
In defence of Frances.

She has just re-located from E Anglia to Kent
Lost her business partner etc.
She never was the best at customer relations but
The Product is Excellent.::bigsmile:

Perhaps she should employ a business/PR manager?

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
No no no no no............ outdoors only! (we just bought one ::bigsmile: )

Sorry June123' I didn't pick up on the using it indoors bit. I would never consider taking this bbq indoors. But I think you may right and you have read this somewhere, as I have read that someone on another forum takes theirs in their tent to keep warm:Doh::Doh::Doh: they must be mad!

Teckel

Free Member
May 3, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Thinking about it
Hooray! The double skillet and diffuser finally arrived yesterday and it looks good. As I had already taken the matter up with Paypal due to its non-appearance I ended up with a refund and I will now have to pay Frances Foulds again. But all's well that ends well though it would have been nice to know what was happening.::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Thanks for that. I could have sworn I read that after the initial lighting when the flames have died down you can use it indoors in a well ventilated area. Also found one man who was going to use it in his canoe but that's a different story. No prob with ventilation there!

Not wanting one but did look at this out of interest and I'm sure I read the same thing but anyway ..... :Cool:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You should NEVER use any type of bbq INSIDE anything, or even near the entrance to a tent etc - that's a very easy way to kill yourself!!! :Eeek:

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
When Cobb first started to sell in this country, one one of their promotion videos clearly demonstrated that the Cobb could be used indoors, after it had been lit outside. They did point out that you needed ventilation. Because there have sadly been a few tragedys through people using disposable bbq,s in zipped up small nylon tents with built in ground sheets, therefore no ventilation, Cobb have stopped promoting indoor use.

I have owned my Cobb for many years, and used it to cook with in a large cotton tent with good ventilation, on many occassions. I have also used it indoors again with good ventilation, and in my motorhome, and I will continue to do so!

One of the things that make the Cobb so good is the very small amount of charcoal it requires.

Those of you that are waiting for double skillets, might I point out that you will not be able to use them in your motorhomes as that will involve lighting your gashob, and as we all know in the past people have died from using gas appliances!

Or of course we could use a degree of common sense and have some ventilation!!

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
COMMON SENSE, COMMON SENSE?? Where do I get that from, haven't seen any of that on ebay.

Give us ya Cobb recipies then? :thumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The use of a Cobb in a motorhome requires a lot of ventilation BUT surely it would be that case that most people would do this when the weather was too bad to use it outside and therefore the ventilation is likely to be minimal ...

Bluemerle - you may be sensible enough to have sufficient ventilation but I suspect most people wouldn't ....

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
:shout:Double skillet arrived today Hooooray!! :thumb::thumb:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
May I suggest you post this on other sites as they have been discussing this topic. It seems everything started to go pear shaped when she moved location and was out of contact on the internet.

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
Hi Bigfoot
what other sites do you suggest?:winky:
I am not registered with other sites so may not be able to post.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back