double gas connector on my campervan

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by g4jnw, Apr 3, 2013.

1. g4jnw

g4jnw Read Only Funster

am an owner of an old Campervan which was proffesionally converted, in the gas locker there is a red propane connector with a gas tap and there is a tee off this with some orange tubing which also has a tap on, there is no connector on this, could this be for putting butane in?

There isn't enough room to take 2 cylinders so am somewhat confused. there is at the moment no gas cylinders in.

never had a choice in my caravan

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

If you have no room for a second cylinder maybe it's a take of point for an outside BBQ without seeing how its piped up I'm guessing, can you post a pic:thumb:
    Im saying out side because you dont want to be running anything inside the van like a heater or BBQ as you will poison yourself

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  3. g4jnw

g4jnw Read Only Funster

pics

hope this is attached ok

Attached Files:

4. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Looks like a home made 'Extenda stay' ie connection for an additional cylinder.

5. g4jnw

g4jnw Read Only Funster

so could i use the other pipe and put a butane connector on? there is no room for 2 bottles but it would give me the choice which one to use, i already have a full 4.5kg bottle i saved from selling my caravan

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

if you did you would need a tap in BOTH hoses so when one cylinder is connected you need to isolate the other regulator and visa versa.

i too reckon its a take off point for a gas BBQ and certainly doesn't look a very professional job to me.

even i would use double/single lug crimp rings instead of jubilee/hose clips

7. g4jnw

g4jnw Read Only Funster

There is already a tap on both of the tubes, i would connect the orange tube to the new regulator for the butane and will ask for lug crimp rings - can i get them from the same shop as I get the regulator from? or would you suggest just doing away with the Tee section and just making a single tube with a butane regulator on?