Dorset/Devon site with dog friendly beach (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Got first 2 weeks of Sept off, any recommendations for a site close to a dog friendly sandy beach and village/town in Dorset/Devon? keeping out of Cornwall as they have pixies that eat people i'm told.

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Try Redcliffe Farm. Close to Wareham and dog friendly Studland beach. Better still hop on the chain ferry from Studland across to Sandbanks, the best dog friendly beach in the UK in my opinion. Also Swanange is close by. If you head to the opposite end to the town you can take the dog on the beach at Ocean Bay. Ulwell Cottage caravan park is within walking distance to Swanage.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Try Redcliffe Farm. Close to Wareham and dog friendly Studland beach. Better still hop on the chain ferry from Studland across to Sandbanks, the best dog friendly beach in the UK in my opinion. Also Swanange is close by. If you head to the opposite end to the town you can take the dog on the beach at Ocean Bay. Ulwell Cottage caravan park is within walking distance to Swanage.

Good site, got it's own Restaurant/Bar, bus just across the road
#40 Swanage , Corfe or Poole.
Bit hilly though, the site not the Bus! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
The hard standing pitches are fine, the grass ones are a bit uneven in places. We walked onto Swanage every day, never used the bus but you're right, the stop is right outside the site.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Ullwell is great for dogs, the walk up the hill will knacker even the most energetic of dogs - and their owners! Trust me - I know! :D

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
You can't take a dog on sandbanks beach until 1st October.
http://www.whatsonindorset.co.uk/beachinfo/info.aspx

Jul 25, 2015
east devon
Funster No
MH
Hymer b674
Exp
since 2013
Prattshayes farm in exmouth , national trust property and an easy walk down a lane to the beach. Really dog friendly as are most of the local pubs

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
Oh yes you can - we were on there with many others last week! You must be referring to the area of the beach where you
can't

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back