Dorset coastal CL/CS's ?

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by PilgrimPhil, Sep 17, 2008.

1. PilgrimPhil

PilgrimPhil Read Only Funster

I have been struggling to find a suitable small site with hook up & hardstanding on the Dorset coast around Swanage, Lulworth.

Kim, my partner, is taking part in the Great South Run in Portsmouth on Sun 25th October and we would like to extend our stay in the vicinity and base ourselves somewhere close to the coast for a couple of days afterwards. All the sites that I have looked at don't have hardstandings and I'm reluctant to put a 3.5T motorhome on a grass pitch at the end of October!!

Any suggestions for a suitable site would be appreciated

PilgrimPhil

2. Melian

Melian Funster

Dorset Coastal CL/CS'S

Pilgrimphil,

There is a site called dodle door near swanage if this is any help to you,

There is a site near Portsmouth where you could stay for the run it is a bit run down but it is with new owners now so might be better since we stayed there at Easter, This site is at southsea as far along the sea front as you can go and it is on your left overlooking the sea.

Regards

Ian

3. PilgrimPhil

PilgrimPhil Read Only Funster

Thanks for your response.

I think that the commercial site that you mention at Southsea is the one that we are actually staying at from the Friday to the Monday whilst Kim does the race.

It's trying to find a suitable small site further along the coast that is proving to be a problem esp. as it is Oct half term! The Caravan Club site at Swanage was a option (to use up the Site Night vouchers!) but they appear to be full.

Durdle Dor is exactly the area that we are trying to get to it's just the lack of sites with hardstandings that is worrying me!

PilgrimPhil

4. highwayman

highwayman Funster Life Member

Hi phil
    you have a pm

regards...nige

5. 2bob

2bob Funster

hi try southsea leisure park southsea/ or kingfisher at gosport

6. tink

tink Read Only Funster

Hi Phill we have just returned from the Forest site at Holmsley on the old airfield lots of concrete to park on ( parts of old runway) lovely clean site can recommend it.

7. JayDee

JayDee Funster

There is Tom's Field campsite where there is a hard standing area big enough for about 3 vans. When we were there it was full but that was a different time of year. The site is about a mile and a half inland from Dancing Ledge.

Campsite, Isle of Purbeck. Dorset - Home

That's the only one I'm familiar with - the other place we stayed (Woody Hyde) didn't have hard standings.

Sorry I can't be more useful.:Sad:

John