Dornafield camp site in Torquay, anyone been here ? (1 Viewer)

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Hi peeps, we've been invited by friends to spend some time at "Dornafield's" camp site in Torquay (dornafield.com) anyone spent any time here, opinions would be appreciated, many thanks

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Hi. We've stayed there with the caravan. The entrance is narrowish so you are obliged to stick to the timings on first arrival. We arrived early so went and parked in the pub car park at the beginning of the lane and enjoyed a warm welcome there and a pot of coffee. Ate there as well. Good food.
The site is one of the greenest we have stayed on. There are solar panels on the shower block roof and dials inside showing how much electricity they have generated. They play local radio in the loos if you are into that sort of thing!
Very clean, warm welcome and a tidy site. If you are on a fully-serviced pitch you even have your own boxed-in loo to empty the cassette beside your MH. We loved it, think you will too.
Regards, Mike

Last edited:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
Dornafield is (or was) an affiliated site with the CC.
They do deals off season where a week costs around £100 however, and I can't get my head around this, when I tried to book 11 nights, they were prepared to give me the seven nt. rate but then tried to charge me the full rate for the additional 4 nts. Couldn't get them to understand and they didn't need my money.
The toilet blocks are probably the best I've visited with warm air ducting and beautiful facilities.
There is a pub on the main road about 600yds away that does good meals (if you have a nightmare, don't blame me)

There is another Caravan Park called Ross Park, not too far away and it's a bit like Eton School. You have to put your Grandchildrens name down so that they can get in there when they are adults. It's almost impossible to get in without a huge amount of notice and it's booked up from one Christmas to the next.
Hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Dornafield, great site and pub at the end of the lane does great food. (y)

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We have also stayed there had a great time lost a mirror going in ( white van ) owners could not do enough for you very nice site and staff .

OP
OP
bigalw35
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
many thanks peeps, Zepp you say you lost a mirror ? was it taken off by a white van or is it that the entrance is that narrow that you hit something ??

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
We got in with no problems at 9 metres, the road out looks tight because it bends but is all easy enough.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Sorry for the Off topic: But Luv Ya vmax bigalw35, was one of my dreams to own one after going out on a test ride on one but unfortunatly never got round to owning one.
stsmax.jpg

OP
OP
bigalw35
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
P1010473.JPG
Hi and thanks KK, mines not quite up to the standard of modification as the one in your piccy, I've had it about 11 years now and luv it, best bike I've ever owned. There aresome down sides to them, they're heavy, thirsty and from standard they NEED some modification.
P1070532.JPG
DSCF3811.JPG

OP
OP
bigalw35
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
a mate of mine is on farcebook that's how we got invited, apparently there's a Hymer page/club on farcebook ?, all booked in now for May

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back