Door - window Alarm (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thank god it's not just me!! I bought some cheap Halfords equivalents took one look at exactly the same problem and chucked them in a drawer in the garage.

Yeah me as well, got them on ok but they decide themselves when they are going to go off, doors ok but the windows:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yeah me as well, got them on ok but they decide themselves when they are going to go off, doors ok but the windows:thumbdown::thumbdown:
All three of my doors are alarmed, so I do not need them for the doors. I bought them for the windows but the cassette blind's side runners, and bottom cassette, get in the way.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I purchased two of those today for 99p (49.5p ea.) at the 99p shop :thumb:

Last of the big spenders eh? :Smile:

You were robbed. I got mine at the poundshop, pack of 4 with batteries, not bad for 25p each (the replacement batteries cost more than this)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Hi Hilldweller
Just purchased a pack of these as final security buy after strikeback fitted to protect doors and lockers etc. now either I'm doing something wrong or these don't work with the cassette frames on my autotrail tracker? I can't figure out a way to fit the alarm and magnet so they align with each other as the window frame is at right angles to the window so the 2 pieces just don't align enough to silence the alarm when switched on...........any suggestions funsters?:Confused:

same here...no good for right angles on windows, doors etc,
thrown mine in the cupboard.:Angry:

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
[QUOTE=peterc10;931677][HI][HI]All three of my doors are alarmed[/HI],[/HI] so I do not need them for the doors. I bought them for the windows but the cassette blind's side runners, and bottom cassette, get in the way.[/QUOTE]

Mine aren`t just alarmed, they are bl**dy terrified

pegleg

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
12 years
Many people here are errrmmm getting past their best lets say, maybe to be asleep is sometimes the best thing, you never know what temperament the robber has, an alarm might be enough for some to scarper, on the other hand it might trigger some form of violence. Having a baseball bat to hand is great if you have the opportunity and the SPACE (and the balls) to use it, on the other hand you might just be arming an un-armed robber.
I like to think I am just as fit and strong as I've always been, (this is called self denial) but the truth of the matter is I am overweight, slow, flabby muscled with a low pain threshold. If it comes to parting with stuff or placing my wife and I in physical danger then they can have it.
Having said that I believe an intruder alarm might be enough to stop most robbers as stealth is their stock in trade and an alarm would be enough.
Be great to have one that does not have sirens or bells but a really loud growling from say an Alsation/mastiff/rottweiler/doberman/wolfhound crossbreed/mongrel who sounds hungry and a bit annoyed at being woke up:Eeek:.
Hi I see your commit about Alsation etc ,couple of years ago there was a box which when turn on gave about 4 meters area round your motorhome and detect movement and the Alsation stared barking it was about ÂŁ70 to ÂŁ80 to buy it was in M.M.M. back pages I did not get it cos we had are dog, if it since any thing it run to us and jump up and hide lol:D

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
It always amazes me that MH owners spend thousands of pounds on a MH which has in many cases these days a fully working alarm and NEVER use it. If you get into the habit of setting it last thing at night and switching it off when you get up you cannot fail.
Granted not all MH have an alarm and therefore the simple system discussed above is ok, but as it's your pride and joy why buy something so cheap for something that you have spend a fortune on. Get a good alarm system fitted by someone who knows how and you will sleep 100% afterwards.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Our is fitted with a Cat 1 alarm, so at bedtime we just set the habitation part of it, which disables the PIRs but leaves the doors and windows alarmed.
My van WAS fitted with a Cat one alarm. I have been having trouble with van for nearly a year now. Vehicle kept cutting out, sometimes only for a few seconds , sometimes it would only restart with jump start. Broke down in Spain and had to be recovered to a garage. Guess what.....alarm was cutting in and out and immobilising engine without sounding alarm. Have had it removed...van runs perfect now. BUSBY(y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I walked through the 99p shop in Middlesbrough yesterday and noticed that they sold these alarms. Two in a pack for 99p, including batteries, so I bought a pair just to see if they worked. Yes, is the short answer. I fitted one to the habitation door and one to a window (Seitz top hinged).

Nothing fantastic but cheap, quick and easy to fit and might give a little more peace of mind to anyone who wants a bit more on top of an existing alarm, especially if it doesn't have an external only setting.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Milenco do a similiar product - had ours for years & work well - Broken Link Removed Don't know if any better than the Babz ones but another option.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back