Door width !

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by kennygd, Feb 4, 2010.

1. kennygd

kennygd Read Only Funster

:Smile:Good morning everyone, anyone that is up at 6.30, major problem, door width on motorhome 20 inches, wheelchair width 23 inches, no way to alter the wheelchair, can't alter the door, I need a genius to come up with a bright idea :thumb:
    Kennygd

2. alivan

alivan Read Only Funster

Up before you

Hello Kennygd, I live in Bulgaria and we are 2 hours in front. Up at 7 each day built in clock, (5 in UK). Regarding chair, sounds like a big problem. Sorry I can't be of much help only would one of the seat swings work that you see at the swimming pools for people with a diability. Sorry again if it's a stupid idea.
    When you get moving on your travels look at my album. I have plenty of room, (Other half cuts the grass). also have a guest room with wetroom and toilet attached with own entrance. your welcome if you get this way, give you a break from the Mobile.

Take care
    Ivan:thumb:

3. kennygd

kennygd Read Only Funster

:Smile:Ivan, Thank you very much, there is no such thing as a stupid idea in my book, people see things in a different way and any ideas would be appreciated.:thumb:
    Kennygd

4. violet

violet Read Only Funster

Hi Kenny,
    Can you get out of the wheelchair to sit on the m/h step, you could then push yourself up on to the m/h floor. After that you need to be able to have a stool behind you and push up backwards on to that. It depends on the disability. The wheelchair can then be folded.
    hope you solve it,
    violet

5. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

err that seems narrow to me for a door. Is it an internal one and do you have a motorhome now?