LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
:cry: Just collected new RV (dutchmen dorado), coming home when a b........y HGV crossed over central white line on a fairly narrow road and took out my passenger side Velvac mirror, anyone know where I can get a replacement quick as I cant see anything until I can get one, or suggest a temporary setup till replacement can be obtained. Please help as I am pig sick :Angry: :Angry:

OP
OP
runrig

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
mirror

Thanks for that, I have already found the site last night at about 1.00 am, but they are not open today so will have to contact therm monday.
Cheers:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We do of course have our very own site sponsor "Stateside Tuning" with mobile number displayed top right of home page, fast ,efficient and cost effective
07932 013682 open Now!!!!!!!!!!
Geo

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Linda from stateside got me a pair of them fairly quick when same thing happened to me last year, only thing was my type which are the older type she could only get in black at the time. had them sprayed they look great now.

For a quick fix while I was waiting for them I went to truck dealer and brought a truck mirror and mounted it on a tube that went into the mirror arm , that worked fine.

hope that helps

Lampie

OP
OP
runrig

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Thanks Geo did already think of Lindy but as she was probably at Malvern Show couldnt contact her, will try when she back. Dont suppose she has any stock of these but need one pretty quick. :thumb:

ray

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Funster No
Had a similar problem while travelling in south of France, could not get a Peugeot mirror anywhere in France until back in UK. Managed by taping a cheap bathroom mirror to the arm until we got home. crude but worked.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Sheila, I might be able to help as I have some Velvac glass in stock, drop me a PM or call on the mobile.

Cheers
Linda

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Well like I said I sorted out a quick fix at a DAF garage and got a truck mirror about £45 I think did the job with the help of a bit of metal bar. Sill have it along with my other old one in a box in the hold if it happens again.

Lampie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back