Don't you just love caravaners (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Strange how people see things differently; I read it quite differently to your interpretation.
How did you view it? I don't mean to be unfair perhaps I missed something. Presumably the pitch in front was free anyway so to ensure a sea view could the op not had taken that one. I don't see why the caravaner should not have taken an unoccupied pitch. I wouldn't have done if I thought I would spoil someone's view unless there were no other places available. But that's just me.

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Having read through this thread again, yes they may well have requested that pitch but it is a "request" not a guarantee. Also, having had a few glasses, there is no way that I would move my van unless there was an extremely good reason to do so.

Similar thing happened to us at Bagwell last year. We had reserved a pitch with Old Mo and it was kept vacant for us - until another Funster decided they didn't like their existing pitch and moved very early in the morning to take up two whole pitches and more importantly, my allocated and paid for EHU and the only remaining one. Polite requests from other Funsters fell on deaf ears and when I asked I just got an a flat refusal and an earful. Wouldn't even move a few yards down to take up one pitch rather than spread across two. Nice!

So some Funsters do it as well. Life is too short and thanks to another Funster who kindly offered to let us park opposite him and an EHU splitter we sort of got something acceptable. Rather spoilt the beginning of the week though.

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few timesšŸ˜‰
This thread reminds me of an incident a good few years back.
A woman was trying to manoeuvre into a parking space in London in a 4x4
she pulled out to have another go when a small convertible shot into the space.

The guy jumped out "that's what you can do with a small car"
She incensed engaged low 4 WD & parked on top his car "that's what you can do if your filthy rich"
Top woman in my opinion :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Same at Wirral last week, when we arrived my wife went to find a pitch while I booked in, she was abused by tugger as there was lots off free pitches we moved to save confrontation, we h ad just got set up on pitch when another tugger decide to pitch directly in front of us about 15 feet in front of marker taking our sea view. By this point had enough so insisted wardens make him move.

We reported first incident to reception but all I got was shrugs, shame on the bully tugger and shame on caravan club for not bothering.

That's poor on behalf of the CC, I've never had an issue on their sites but a club that dictates so many rules should surely sort that out.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Presumably the tugger who you say "abused" your wife didn't want someone spooling their view. So you then complain to the warden someone is going to spoil yours. Nothing to do with whether caravaners or Motorhomers, it reads like no one must complain if you spoil their view but you can of someone spoils yours

It's a campsite, percentages say someone is going to park near you and spoil a view that you've been lucky enough to have before the site took in more campers, nature of the beast.

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Having read through this thread again, yes they may well have requested that pitch but it is a "request" not a guarantee. Also, having had a few glasses, there is no way that I would move my van unless there was an extremely good reason to do so.

Similar thing happened to us at Bagwell last year. We had reserved a pitch with Old Mo and it was kept vacant for us - until another Funster decided they didn't like their existing pitch and moved very early in the morning to take up two whole pitches and more importantly, my allocated and paid for EHU and the only remaining one. Polite requests from other Funsters fell on deaf ears and when I asked I just got an a flat refusal and an earful. Wouldn't even move a few yards down to take up one pitch rather than spread across two. Nice!

So some Funsters do it as well. Life is too short and thanks to another Funster who kindly offered to let us park opposite him and an EHU splitter we sort of got something acceptable. Rather spoilt the beginning of the week though.
I remember it well

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I think that is weak of the warden in my opinion.
If the warden has shown you to your pitch, then the warden has allocated that pitch to you.
If the caravanner had booked your pitch, once they've highlighted this to the warden, the warden should have told them they can have it after your departure the following morning.
The warden shouldn't have asked you to move and inconvenienced you.

If it's the CC, they're pretty keen in telling you how to park on the pitch - I've even had one warden play with his Corgi car and caravan driving it in and parking on their made up pitch on the counter of reception. It was like play school. Even though I wasn't in a car and caravan.
So in my opinion, if they're that bothered about parking up to the peg and dictating the rules, the warden should have batted this off to the caravanner.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Not naming and not shaming. Let's just put a line under it.

It was to show that it isn't only tuggers/other campsite users etc can be very selfish and uncooperative when politely requested but it could be any of us...........

As I said. Put a line under it. Thanks

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Bloody hell - cheeky , unreasonable, rude sod.

He , she or they should be ashamed of themselves.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yes. I would, no big drama some people are just weird and if it didn't affect you then you did the right thing
Still would have expected a thank you thou
Now ask yourself this.....would they have moved for you.
You already know the answer.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp

Give us a clue who had the bear face cheek to front up the one and only DD(y)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
When I am in the motorhome I am on holiday, do I want row on holiday? No. If they had asked nicely I would have moved, if the wardens cocked up, same answer, it's a hard enough job as it is without making it more difficult.

Ian

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
In our first year of motorhoming, we parked up on an aire near St Tropez and were aware that on aires, space could be at a premium. We parked at what I thought was a considerate distance from a Cloggie, but thought it best to check with him. He wasn't rude but pointed out I'd blocked the sun from his van. Ok, so I moved the van a couple of feet further away, as close as an adjacent tree would let me. We went off for the afternoon and returned to find a van shoehorned into the gap between us, don't know how how either of them managed to get their doors open, it was that tight. :eek:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
When I am in the motorhome I am on holiday, do I want row on holiday? No. If they had asked nicely I would have moved, if the wardens cocked up, same answer, it's a hard enough job as it is without making it more difficult.

Ian
Your quite right, I don't like arguments but there wouldn't have been one in my case, I would have point blank refused. No argument.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
So the guy has taken the trouble to book a particular pitch, warden cocks up, you just say " tough" hardly a friendly attitude.

Ian

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
How did you view it? I don't mean to be unfair perhaps I missed something. Presumably the pitch in front was free anyway so to ensure a sea view could the op not had taken that one. I don't see why the caravaner should not have taken an unoccupied pitch. I wouldn't have done if I thought I would spoil someone's view unless there were no other places available. But that's just me.

I wondered why you put the word "abused" in speech marks - does that imply something different to what was reported? My interpretation was that the motorhomer was miffed at having moved to avoid one confrontation with someone but didn't get the same consideration when someone else parked infront of them, outside of the designated pitch.

I felt that their complaint was reasonable but your view was that it wasn't.

So the guy has taken the trouble to book a particular pitch, warden cocks up, you just say " tough" hardly a friendly attitude.

Ian

Where was it stated that the guy had booked the pitch?

Edited 15:30 as I hadn't finished the first response.

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Not naming and not shaming. Let's just put a line under it.

It was to show that it isn't only tuggers/other campsite users etc can be very selfish and uncooperative when politely requested but it could be any of us...........

As I said. Put a line under it. Thanks
......and it meant you ended up parked next to us;) :LOL:.....every cloud & all that:cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back