Don't you just love caravaners (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I reckon the warden might have made a mistake here, either overlooked a booking or forgot his own rule book

Provided it will not upset other campers I would definitely be up early running engine checking all locker doors were closed by opening and closing them all several times

and if we shared the same electric post, it would be oh so easy to remove the wrong cable in the morning when leaving, or flip the trip switch, by mistake of course

Even if I wasn't going early I would be now, just to be sure to wake them up

It would be nice to know why he did need that pitch though, have a few more glasses and just after dark go over and ask him, then unless completely happy with the response revert back to line two and following of this post :)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I would have been more inclined to move if the caravanners had been friendlier and not gone through the grumpy stage at the beginning. To help the Warden out, I may have offered to move, after I had finished my glass, done the washing up, got the bed ready, brushed my teeth etc.

Deleted User
I wouldn't have moved but my wife would have talked me into it. We had a similar thing in Italy at lake Garda a German caravaner TOLD me to move because I was blocking his satellite reception. I was all for mentioning the war and who won but I had to obey the wife. I moved.

Spongy

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I wouldn't have moved but my wife would have talked me into it. We had a similar thing in Italy at lake Garda a German caravaner TOLD me to move because I was blocking his satellite reception. I was all for mentioning the war and who won but I had to obey the wife. I moved.

Spongy

I'm not sure that I would have been so accommodating.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
A few years ago our friends were at searles and they was told that they would have to move for the last couple of days of their stay as the pitch was booked for somebody else. They hitched up their caravan and a load of wardens walked carrying the awning still attached to the caravan to another pitch.

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
We are on a site on Arran tonight. The warden showed us to our pitch and two places where to plug in. Next to us is a camping pod with a small tent in front. A car drove across the front of us and parked in front of the tent. I had the door open and the two women were saying to each other about falling over the lead, so I ask if there was a problem and they said that they may trip over when they go too the loo in the night. We moved the lead but they do not want to talk, they walk up the side of our van and across the the front. But the best bit is the bloke with them has just come out of the pod and tripped over their tent guy ropes

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'm not afraid of a German but I am afraid of my wife!

Spongy

Couldn't you have directed her towards the German? Maybe not. Just a stupid idea. I guess that I should keep my head down and do as my SWMBO says as well.

Feb 9, 2015
Warrington
Funster No
MH
IH Oregon R
Exp
Same at Wirral last week, when we arrived my wife went to find a pitch while I booked in, she was abused by tugger as there was lots off free pitches we moved to save confrontation, we h ad just got set up on pitch when another tugger decide to pitch directly in front of us about 15 feet in front of marker taking our sea view. By this point had enough so insisted wardens make him move.

We reported first incident to reception but all I got was shrugs, shame on the bully tugger and shame on caravan club for not bothering.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just got settled at Keats farm Folkestone prior to going to France tomorrow ,the site is only a quarter full so at least 50 pitches available when a car and caravan stops right in front of my van and the couple in it start staring at us then bear in mind we are well into our second bottle of wine they then get out and start pointing at us , we where find this quite amusing this caused the lady caravaner to storm of to the wardens office . The warden came back all sheepish and asked us to move to another pitch as this couple wanted this pitch now I know I should have told him no but he was a nice bloke and we are going early ,so we moved to the next pitch and the couple proceed to amuse us for the next hour with there comical attempts to get their caravan set up which the nice warden then had to come and help them . Would any other of funsters have moved ?
@Howard H, don't forget to warm your engine up properly very early before you set off, shouting instructions to the boss directing her to watch out for the rear light check, make sure you test the horn, you never know when you might need it then bang on your neighbours door to wish them Bon voyage. (y) ;)

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Oh and forgot to tell you and them that we are leaving early in the morning. Don't you just love sliding doors.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I think I'd find Pete was stone deaf when we got up tomorrow so I would have to yell questions to him like 'Have you remembered to put the step and doormat in the locker, love?' 'Is the Sat Nag plugged in?' etc etc .....

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I personally would not have moved and told them to off
And told the camp commandant to give his head a shake
Bill

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The most comforting thought I've taken from this discussion is that we have all reached the age where we know who's in charge. No macho stuff to worry about now :D.

?

Deleted User
I have taken that some people are quite happy to be shat on. Unless you can give a valid reason why then sorry no.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We were given a pitch on a site in France. Went up and started setting up when a German lady came up ranting and raving saying it was her pitch. The lady was behind us in reception when we were checking in. It was after lunch so there was a quee of us looking to book in.

Her argument was that it was a better pitch than the others now available. The view was better it was not under trees and was closer to the site facilities.

My arguments were. We were first in the line. We had been obviously given the same pitch number but were first in line and that we had parked up levelled up and nearly done.

She continued to rant and rave at full volume.

If she had been polite and asked nicely we would maybe have given in. Due to her screaming and shouting I said firmly but politely that we were set up paid up and not moving.

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Booked a CL last year, arrived to find a pitch with a "Reserved for Motor Caravan" marker. All other pitches were taken, so assumed it meant us.
Later, a very elderly couple in a camper turned up, and said it was their sign, they'd just been out for the day. Fair enough, we moved off to let them on, then went to find the site owner. Turned out a tugger who should have left had decided to stay a bit longer without asking, hence all pitches taken.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
.......it's not just confined to caravanners though surely?;)......us and I know lots more members on here are ex-tuggers & I would never dream of behaving how that couple did:eek:
And we still don't know what was at the bottom of it all, why they were so insistent:LOL:

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Just causes unnecessary stress to get involved with some petty minded people. If someone has the decency to chat to you and explain without being or trying to be a bully they will always get a long way with me, however the aggressive approach or the chance of me representing the underdog will lead to heels being dug in unless someone like my wife (totally non-confrontational) points out the pointlessness of it all!
You did the honourable thing but they should have had the decency to thank/apologise for causing you inconvenience.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Just causes unnecessary stress to get involved with some petty minded people. If someone has the decency to chat to you and explain without being or trying to be a bully they will always get a long way with me, however the aggressive approach or the chance of me representing the underdog will lead to heels being dug in unless someone like my wife (totally non-confrontational) points out the pointlessness of it all!
You did the honourable thing but they should have had the decency to thank/apologise for causing you inconvenience.
Ps: then my non-confrontational wife goes back in the night and let's their tyres down :)

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I doubt it's anything to do with the fact they were caravaners. They had probably requested that pich on booking and the warden had fouled up. It may well be that the people would have acted the same way if they were in a motorhome. But if they and the warden could not show they had pre booked that pitch I wouldn't move, even if they could, having drunk enough to be over the limit I would not move and they would have to take the matter up with the warden

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Same at Wirral last week, when we arrived my wife went to find a pitch while I booked in, she was abused by tugger as there was lots off free pitches we moved to save confrontation, we h ad just got set up on pitch when another tugger decide to pitch directly in front of us about 15 feet in front of marker taking our sea view. By this point had enough so insisted wardens make him move.

We reported first incident to reception but all I got was shrugs, shame on the bully tugger and shame on caravan club for not bothering.
Presumably the tugger who you say "abused" your wife didn't want someone spooling their view. So you then complain to the warden someone is going to spoil yours. Nothing to do with whether caravaners or Motorhomers, it reads like no one must complain if you spoil their view but you can of someone spoils yours

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Presumably the tugger who you say "abused" your wife didn't want someone spooling their view. So you then complain to the warden someone is going to spoil yours. Nothing to do with whether caravaners or Motorhomers, it reads like no one must complain if you spoil their view but you can of someone spoils yours

Strange how people see things differently; I read it quite differently to your interpretation.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back