Don't really know where to post this, so will add it to my hello.... (1 Viewer)

Joker7

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Funster No
MH
Transit 150 td lwb
Exp
Sometime in the past
Hi all and a big hello from me :)

We are looking to pop round Europe in the summer 5/6 weeks (I just know it's going to be fun). I'm hoping some of you will share routes and place you have enjoyed, it's so hard to plan - there are so many lovely places to visit.

We don't want to be rushing from one to enough ,we want to take our time to enjoy. So any help with routes , cost and places to visit would be a great help..

Chris

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We are looking to pop round Europe in the summer 5/6 weeks

5 or 6 weeks eh .. good luck ..

it would take that or more to explore just one region of France let alone the whole of Europe..

I suggest you select one country, then focus in on one area or region.. otherwise you will spend more time watching white lines on the road than enjoying the country.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello Joker and welcome.
Perhaps if you mention some countries that you would like to visit and any must see places it would be easier for some of the more experienced travellers to give you some ideas of routes.

It worked for me when I asked for ideas to tour the Brittany coast last year. I then made a list of the suggested places and put them on a map to decide a logical route.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Hi all and a big hello from me :)

We are looking to pop round Europe in the summer 5/6 weeks (I just know it's going to be fun). I'm hoping some of you will share routes and place you have enjoyed, it's so hard to plan - there are so many lovely places to visit.

We don't want to be rushing from one to enough ,we want to take our time to enjoy. So any help with routes , cost and places to visit would be a great help..

Chris
Hi Joker and welcome to FUN:welc: There was a chap that travelled Europe for 2 years, him and his wife and his dog. If you goolgle/youtube OURTOUR he does a great video diary. He explains everything you may want to know. It will give you inspiration.

Here is the link http://www.ourtour.co.uk/home/

Hope this is of use to you

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Hi Joker and welcome. #2 from Scotjim has it in a nutshell. Plus from me, fwiw, don't plan too much, just meandering is what's great about motorhoming!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hello Joker and welcome.
Perhaps if you mention some countries that you would like to visit and any must see places it would be easier for some of the more experienced travellers to give you some ideas of routes.

It worked for me when I asked for ideas to tour the Brittany coast last year. I then made a list of the suggested places and put them on a map to decide a logical route.
Love the new countdown!!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:welc:Hello and welcome to Fun, best plan is to have no hard and set rules, with the motorhome you have everything with you, make sure you have a good solar panel on the top a ASCI card, then meander as you want.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
it's so hard to plan
Chris

So don't. Use The Force and a weather forecast and just wander.

I'll kick you off. Calais, stop 1 Valkenberg, stop 2 Trier then wander along the Moselle, down the Rhine then play it by ear.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Re Bobby22, that is an incredible journey, if I visited all those places it would take more like 10 years. They certainly did not believe in the"slowly does it" approach, they rarely stayed more than a night anywhere. Very useful though for ideas for the next few years but we will be doing a couple of months at a time. Thank you very much indeed, bookmarked for planning.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back