Don't know what I've done......

Discussion in 'Computers' started by cliffandger, Mar 28, 2015.

1. cliffandger

cliffandger Funster Life Member

We are on holiday in Portugal and I've put a PAYG still card in. Did the same in Spain and everything worked as normal. Now the IPad won't remember passwords and won't keep me logged on, so every time I go into MHF I have to log in. Also can some one who is a virgin email user try to log into their email account as I'm not able to get in to that either even with the correct password - I am slowly losing the will to live - but we've met up with John and Cath (Champers) and The Only Sue so hopefully in a couple of hours all my Internet woes will be a distant foggy memory!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mousy

Mousy Funster Life Member

Hi Ger, try going into settings, Safari and clear any history and cache. That always helps me with log in. Don't know about the email issue.

3. chrisinplymouth

chrisinplymouth Funster

Hi Ger....we have blueyonder email which is Virgin also. At the moment I can access it using the iPad email program but when I try to log on via the web it's saying my password is not valid. I know I have the right password as its entered in my iPad. To be honest I'm sick and tired of Virgin mail and only this morning have set up two new gmail accounts for my wife and myself and are going to change over to that. I have also been told that if you move to a new service provider, Virgin will disconnect your email after a period of time.
    Hope you get sorted

Chris

• Like Like x 1
  4. cliffandger

Hi Dawn and Chris, have cleared history and caches but no different - I still have to login every time. I've got into virgin somehow and it's saying they are upgrading their site and to try logging on again on Monday! What you're supposed to do about missed emails in the meantime I don't know! Thanks for your help anyway! (y)

Going out with Sue, Cath and John tonight so Internet can sit in the van ignored - that'll teach it a lesson! :ROFLMAO:

5. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

I can log onto my Virgin emails at the moment - it could disappear at any minute since Virgin dumped me as a customer though.

Have a great night out :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

No help whatsoever but I have just changed to gmail, mostly because they have very good spam filters. I still have a BT internet email account but I have set that up so any email sent to the BT email address is automatically being forwarded to my gmail account. It is working very well and compared to the mass of spam I was getting on BT, spam is now a very rare thing for me. It does of course mean I have sold my soul to Google who now know what colour socks I am wearing each day and what I had for breakfast - but I can live with that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gloworm

gloworm Funster

AW Ger sorry you are having problems its awful when you are away and cant get in touch not much help :-( from me i'm afraid but reading the last post looks like it could be a system fault so maybe sorted very soon , on the brighter side get John to give you a song ably accompanied by yourself on the uke
    Kath Sue & Cliff as backing singers open the bubbly and you got yourself a great night enjoy x

Sue x

• Like Like x 4
  8. cliffandger

Sounds like a plan Sue.... Just missing Eric, Chris and Steve - and yourself of course! x

• Like Like x 1
  9. gloworm

gloworm Funster

Back home nailed to the ironing board lol enjoy Portugal see you all soon x

sue

• Like Like x 2