Don't go without. Morocco/Spain (1 Viewer)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What items would you think important just in case you need them when travelling to Morroco etc for 3 to 4 months. add to the list if you think they should not be missed off, I know most things can be bought but not always when you need them, and you may not know what to ask for.

Eye Wash
Really good mouth wash
Lemsip

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
dont go without, Spain, Morocco

Loo paper for morocco.
What is over there is very expensive.
Pick up booze as well. Chocs also dear.
Usual toiletries, spare purse or wallet to keep small amount of dirhams in case stopped:)
And bacon

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As Sue says, loo rolls aplenty. They do there ablutions differently without going into to much detail :Blush:.
Since a friend was bitten by a stray dog and I had to take them to the local doctor for a rabies jab and then being told by the doc that he had the rabies vaccine but no needles and then having to find a chemist to buy the needle then back to the doc for the jab, I have carried needles, just in case. If you are running on odd size tyres its a good idea to carry a spare tyre in a bag on the roof, even if its only a second hand one, as modern tyre sizes have not reached some parts of Morocco yet. A spare fuel filter is also a must as some diesel is not to European standards. Any clothes that dont fit through losing weight :Smile: are always welcome and a good bargaining tool along with any old mobile phones you may have lying around in a drawer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
After our experience last year, taking a spare habitation water pump. Hell of a job trying to find one in Morocco!

FB pies? Cannot be had there for love nor money :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Regards, Bryan

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
me blowup doll for company when linda flies home :Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
another good thing to take is gammon joints . i get them in asda or lidl in uk .
these last for months just in a cool place .if you get the cryovac ones . (wrapped in tight plastic and vacum packed . these you can roast in your oven or slice for steaks .or just cube them and drop in with your vegetables . i take several . the morocans love ham sandwiches .

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
What size fridges you people got?:cry: Mine is tiny and I mean tiny! I don't have a hope in hades in putting more than one ham joint in my fridge and if I'm lucky I might fit in some milk, butter and a couple of other items and that's it! Not even room for beer - not that I drink it! :roflmto:

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
another good thing to take is gammon joints . i get them in asda or lidl in uk .
these last for months just in a cool place .if you get the cryovac ones . (wrapped in tight plastic and vacum packed . these you can roast in your oven or slice for steaks .or just cube them and drop in with your vegetables . i take several . the morocans love ham sandwiches .

One of the best things we found at Lidl in Algerciras was vaccum packed chickens at about €4.. They have a long life and only need to be kept cool in a locker.. We bought 2 and wished we had taken a dozen.. They were lovely.....

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
What size fridges you people got?:cry: Mine is tiny and I mean tiny! I don't have a hope in hades in putting more than one ham joint in my fridge and if I'm lucky I might fit in some milk, butter and a couple of other items and that's it! Not even room for beer - not that I drink it! :roflmto:

hi. bacon and gammon in those tight sealed packs keps in just a cool place .so does chedder cheese . take small packs .i take the mature cheese from asda in 400gr packs . have taken several kilo . about 8 kilo of bacon several gammon jts . store in a cool underseat locker .
have been away 6 months and still had bacon for breakfast on the last day.
i used to be a butcher and trained chef in the army . taking and storing food is right up my street .
believe me i,m known for bacon sarnies after a morning swim ay taghazoute . alibaba grande djalaba with the white house . bacon sarnie for a morocan bread . open all the windows and the smell of it cooking got dribbling lips from all.

tonka . you get nice fresh killed plucked prepared chicken in most of the villages . watch them kill and do it . then you know its real fresh . but you have the right idea . used to be about 2 quid a chicken in maroc though . and a tray of eggs abot a dirham an egg. for 20 eggs .

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
tonka . you get nice fresh killed plucked prepared chicken in most of the villages . watch them kill and do it . then you know its real fresh . but you have the right idea . used to be about 2 quid a chicken in maroc though . and a tray of eggs abot a dirham an egg. for 20 eggs .

Irene and the girls went into Tagazoute to get meat for Sue's birthday BBQ.... They did come back with "fresh" chicken and the tales of how they were "despatched" !! :winky:

This BL***DY thread has now got me looking at coolboxes, vacum packs, plastic bags etc and it's only September !! 3 months to go..:ROFLMAO:

MickyP

Free Member
May 13, 2012
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 601
Exp
12 years plus
For me communication is important with Family etc, but useful in emergency, can the funsters who travelled in 2013 tell me if the Moroccan Telecom Dongle thing (1 Month unlimited) come with a removable sim i can put in my MiFi?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
only 5 weeks for me .
if the weathers bad in spain we may get across to maroc .
i,ve been having a break from going . but i must say i read this thread and think i should do it again . i got a bit disillusioned as its changed so much in recent years . i preferred it years ago . must be getting old .ha ha .
i have been known to help them in the butchers in banana village . then the next day help them in the garage by the bridge .
in erfoud spent lots time helping in nardines garage . i usually take them tools etc . its a bit like going home really .
heres nardines garage tea break and hammids house out in the desert where i buy fossils and crystals .

Attachments

• Morocco 2008-2009 3 217.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 217.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Morocco 2008-2009 3 230.jpg
    Morocco 2008-2009 3 230.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 21

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
For me communication is important with Family etc, but useful in emergency, can the funsters who travelled in 2013 tell me if the Moroccan Telecom Dongle thing (1 Month unlimited) come with a removable sim i can put in my MiFi?

i have never bought a maroc dongle but internet cafes are in every village town etc . very cheap about 1-2 quid for an hour .
i say just use tx on your mobile .only accept calls if you want to. but honest internet cafes are every where .

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Moroccan essentials

I found that a 12v/240v cool box was perfect to keep beer cool and keep the fridge for food.

The SIM in the dongle should work in the mifi, I got one to work in my Hauwei

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/gi...i-E5331-MiFi-Connection-Settings/td-p/7553794

I also found that the garmin sat nav download was worthwhile as I travel on my own and find map reading on the go difficult! The garmin is also useful as mine has an optional speedometer mode which can be set in Kms to help avoid the over zealous Moroccan police!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

You can just have a sim no need for a dongle...
I had one and put in the mifi, the only sue had one and used in her galaxy tablet.
Others had phone sim's or bought dongles for their laptops..

Really impressed with the coverage and quality of the service....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back