Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
One of our funsters is having problems,with his "3" dongle, it is working fine but seems to time out every 4 mins ???? does any body know what the problem is and how to rectify...he can not put this on the forum himself because before he can enter the thread on MHF he drops out........please help

Mel:thumb:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Had a similar problem and could not work out why. In the end it turned out to be windows mail. In options the connection was set to "drop connection" after send and receive.

So after logging on checking for new mail dropped the connection.

So if your friend is using a mail client (outlook express, windows mail etc) suggest they check the settings.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Dongle problems
One of our funsters is having problems,with his "3" dongle, it is working fine but seems to time out every 4 mins ???? does any body know what the problem is and how to rectify...he can not put this on the forum himself because before he can enter the thread on MHF he drops out........please help

Can't resist this , try a doctor. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously though never had this problem, has he sufficient credit if payg .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Dealerships got a 3 dongle, works fine at shows and back at base, it will not work at home (Berkshire) or in Poole on boat.

Get a Vodaphone they seem to work everywhere, if you can get one where the credit does not expire after 30 days.

They also do on one contract for ÂŁ7-50 a month

Peter

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Mel

he's not alone , seems it could be a 3 problem.. not that that's much comfort ..

an old thread on the 3 forum http://www.3g.co.uk/3GForum/showthread.php?t=94193

has he a got a good signal ?

Jim..........I think you are correct it is a "3" problem after putting the thread on MHF for SMUDGER the funster, I checked the internet and came up with a few forums, with many threads all having the same problem with "3".....it does not sound to good...so when you replied with your answer:active::notworthy::notworthy: I bow to your expertise confirming what I had found......thank you, I have passed it all onto SMUDGER (Derek) hope it helps as it is driving him mad.............

Mel :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back