Dongle problems

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Heyupluv, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

One of our funsters is having problems,with his "3" dongle, it is working fine but seems to time out every 4 mins ???? does any body know what the problem is and how to rectify...he can not put this on the forum himself because before he can enter the thread on MHF he drops out........please help

Mel:thumb:

2. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Had a similar problem and could not work out why. In the end it turned out to be windows mail. In options the connection was set to "drop connection" after send and receive.

So after logging on checking for new mail dropped the connection.

So if your friend is using a mail client (outlook express, windows mail etc) suggest they check the settings.

3. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Dongle problems
    One of our funsters is having problems,with his "3" dongle, it is working fine but seems to time out every 4 mins ???? does any body know what the problem is and how to rectify...he can not put this on the forum himself because before he can enter the thread on MHF he drops out........please help

Can't resist this , try a doctor. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Seriously though never had this problem, has he sufficient credit if payg .

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Dealerships got a 3 dongle, works fine at shows and back at base, it will not work at home (Berkshire) or in Poole on boat.

Get a Vodaphone they seem to work everywhere, if you can get one where the credit does not expire after 30 days.

They also do on one contract for £7-50 a month

Peter

6. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Jim..........I think you are correct it is a "3" problem after putting the thread on MHF for SMUDGER the funster, I checked the internet and came up with a few forums, with many threads all having the same problem with "3".....it does not sound to good...so when you replied with your answer:active::notworthy::notworthy: I bow to your expertise confirming what I had found......thank you, I have passed it all onto SMUDGER (Derek) hope it helps as it is driving him mad.............

Mel :thumb: