Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We live in France..So if and when we are in the UK,... I have purchased a "3" network dongle and 1gb sim card ready, to be used on the laptop,
Can I start the install program on the laptop while I am still in France ready for the uk,.without using any of the 1gb allowance.or be charged roaming,... meaning does it need to be on the internet to install..or is it all in the dongle, and no internet is needed for this set procedure>:Doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Patience impetuous yoof.

I don't know but you could end up well stuffed, like starting the timer on that 1G of data, like paying roaming charges.

Safer to wait.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Patience impetuous yoof.

I don't know but you could end up well stuffed, like starting the timer on that 1G of data, like paying roaming charges.

Safer to wait.

Thanks Brian......you may well be right....:thumb:...Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Mel, once you get to uk you can be on the web in less than 2 mins :thumb:All you have to do is put sim into mifi/dongle turn it on. and then search for wifi,on your lappy etc,then type in your number and conect :thumb:All quicker than I type this ::bigsmile:
terry

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi
Don,t activate your card in France,it will start the count-down on the (date expiry)and also will be in roaming mode using Data.
Just plug straight in once you land in the U.K. :thumb:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
By the way Mel the 3gb cards are much cheaper, I have had them as cheap as £7.99 but usualy pay between £10 or £12 from [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Broadband-Preloaded-Mobile-Devices/dp/B003Z0T3X2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346594826&sr=8-1"]AMAZON [/ame]:thumb:

PS In other words don't top up as its cheaper to just buy a new card each time:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
By the way Mel the 3gb cards are much cheaper, I have had them as cheap as £7.99 but usualy pay between £10 or £12 from AMAZON :thumb:

PS In other words don't top up as its cheaper to just buy a new card each time:thumb:

Thanks for that info wizzer .....I was'nt sure I had done the right thing by buying two 1gb sims instead of topping up:thumb: looks like I gone the cheapest way...I purchased 2 x 1gb and paid £3.99 each including postage also from amazon....not as cheap as £7.99...

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
You did alright at £3.99 per gig Mel, 3gig normally go for £12 but once activated must be used in 3 months, buying individual gigs like you have done means you can use one, miss a month, use another one when needed if you get my drift:thumb:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Mel must admit only found them at that price once and that was a tip off from THIS web site:thumb:

Well you may think I got a good deal:Doh:.YES I have ..But I can tell I was fuming, I was after a sim card for the UK and was looking on Amazon...well.. "3" network was on at £1.99 for 1gb.YES £1.99 for 1gb.....so I started to fill in the order form on the internet..for that price I would have had at least 4....(here in France I was paying 15 euros per month for 400mb:Doh:).....I think the "3" have a time limit of 3 months or they run out.......then somebody pressed the doorbell, I answered the door and came back with in 3 mins..started to carry on with the order :Eeek::Doh: WOW they had gone up to £3.99 each for 1gb:cry::cry::cry: Bl**dy door Hawkers/callers selling crap.:Angry::cry:

Mel

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back