Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have purchased an Autotrail Apache 600, 2004. It had only done 22600 miles.
Although I have not seen it in person the owner is bringing it to me took look over and then decide. I do think it is a done deal unless there is a major fault.

Link Removed

Have a look

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I have purchased an Autotrail Apache 600, 2004. It had only done 22600 miles.
Although I have not seen it in person the owner is bringing it to me took look over and then decide. I do think it is a done deal unless there is a major fault.

Link Removed

Have a look

Looking at the driving seat
I'd check the mots for mileage
Looks rubbed by constant in and out

Just my thoughts hopefully wrong :thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
It would be a good idea to check for damp, if you do not have a meter then try and borrow one and stick it right into the corners and inside the lockers.

Mike

Last edited:
Upvote 0

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Hi,Please remember to drive it and change all the gears,check the oil and tempreture gauge,damp is a big thing as already advised,service history and and habitation checks if it has any,see every thing working and find out what all the switches do and where they are,and ask loads of questions,best thing is to write a list of things you can ask and cross them off as you go .regards H.:winky:

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
check very carefully for damp, and make sure when you drive it you check the clutch and reverse for well documented problems. also check the tyres for date and cracks too as these may still be the originals. good tread doesnt mean the tyres will be still reliable

if you do buy it, the seat needs professional repair before putting on covers to protect them from it happening again

provided your not overpaying, autotrails do tend to be good vans on the whole. interior build quality can occasionally be an issue, but a low mileage suggests this van has not been over used so hopefully not too many faults

once youve got your van, dont waste time....get out there and enjoy

Upvote 0

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
Hpi check make sure the person selling is the legal owner. As well as all the good advice above. And don't let your heart rule your head. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
Just a thought unless you know them, be a bit wary of them bringing it to you. As you can not be sure where it's come from as you have not been to their address. Anyway good luck.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lord Mac

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you all for your advice.

HPI check has been done this morning, all good, but will update it before purchase.

I downloaded the buying guide and printed off the check list.

I am armed with torch and damp meter.

Friend who is a mechanic coming over.

Test drive for sure.

They are travelling from Wales.

I will be careful...it is hard for me to part with cash, I'm Scottish.:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lord Mac

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ps I have asked the seller to bring photo ID. I think I have most things covered.

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
How exciting..... not long now.... As everyone has said, get out there and enjoy..... If you can enjoy it in winter - just you wait until the warm days are with us again. Take a notepad with you on your first trip... you will be amazed at the questions that crop up and someone on here will always be able to help you/have an opinion... plus there will be things you will have forgotten to load in your van ... like a tin opener. :Smile:

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Remember to check the V5 against the vehicle Vin and be aware that a V5 does not prove ownership. Look at the Hpi web site before the viewing and note all the detail they require,ideally photocopy the v5 for your records.
Trust all will be well,rely on your Scottish genes to negotiate a good deal,best of luck

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lord Mac

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
Deal done....bring on the open roads.

Thank you one and all for the advice. I can also recommend the buyers guide.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lord Mac

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
Prepare for loads of questions..I had a good handover and I took notes but they do not seem to make sense. The van might as be the TARDIS s I do not know how to work most of it, but that is the exciting part.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back