Done It!! Bought first motorhome (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Have been trawling the internet for months but finally decided the only way was to see them in the flesh so to speak. We hired an Autotrail Apache 634 for a week, toured most of southern England and finally found what we were looking for (we hope). An Autotrail Apache 634! Two weeks to wait before collection - can't wait.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
:welc:
Now the fun really begins, get yourself off to a few rallies, and use the hell out of that van! You'll never regret it :D

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Only 12 days to go now. Another few days then it will be sleepless exciting nights. Will be great you will have it in time for Xmas. Bet you go off somewhere during the festive period.. I know I would.
Wish you many years of fun and happy travels.
Remember to keep it drained down in the frost, read the threads. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Broadsman
Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Only 12 days to go now. Another few days then it will be sleepless exciting nights. Will be great you will have it in time for Xmas. Bet you go off somewhere during the festive period.. I know I would.
Wish you many years of fun and happy travels.
Remember to keep it drained down in the frost, read the threads. :)
What do you mean another few days before sleepless nights, they've already started although I'm not sure how long before we collect it roughly somewhere around 225.25333 hours I think and we are already trying to decide where to go over the festive period :xgrin:

Upvote 0

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
:rolleyes:Can i join the Norfolk club,i don't live there but i want to.........does that count?

I thought that Yorkshire was supposed to be God's own country, why do you want to move to Norfolk then, you have obviously been deluding yourselves all these years.
PS, you have to have lived here for at least 40 years before you are even nearly classed as Norfolk!

Upvote 0

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Welcome from Mid-Suffolk.

Can us Suffolk 'oiks' join your Norfolk Sub Club?

Hope you enjoy your new toy @Broadsman. We were once 'tuggers' too and have never looked back.

Richard.
Don't know about that, is your passport up to date, we would have to supply you with today's password to get through the defensive perimeter.

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Don't know about that, is your passport up to date, we would have to supply you with today's password to get through the defensive perimeter.
Passport is up to date but you would have to write the password down as I probably wouldn't be able to decipher the 'Narfuk' accent. :xshout:

Richard. (A Kentish Man by birth)

Upvote 0

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
An accent purposely cultivated to keep the Oik's out!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Broadsman
Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
After what seems that longest two weeks ever - our early xmas present has been collected from Newark and brought safely across all borders. Now the fun can begin:xgrin:

That is once we have sorted out an annoying rattle from the fly screen magnetic strip on the door frame which developed halfway along the A47 and been to a local Fiat dealer to get a 'dashboard bleed' fixed!!!!

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
After what seems that longest two weeks ever - our early xmas present has been collected from Newark and brought safely across all borders. Now the fun can begin:xgrin:

That is once we have sorted out an annoying rattle from the fly screen magnetic strip on the door frame which developed halfway along the A47 and been to a local Fiat dealer to get a 'dashboard bleed' fixed!!!!
Lovely van bet you are excited to have your first trips away!:xThumb:

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
Have great fun and enjoy!! Lucky you!! We are one of those who have a long wait to pick up our Apache700 that we ordered in October. Chomping at the bit now...pick up in March...hopefully!! Let us know how your first trip goes...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Broadsman
Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Have great fun and enjoy!! Lucky you!! We are one of those who have a long wait to pick up our Apache700 that we ordered in October. Chomping at the bit now...pick up in March...hopefully!! Let us know how your first trip goes...
Don't envy you the wait - two weeks was long enough for us

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hooray for you!

Get a funster sticker from Jim (when he gets home!) so we can recognise you on the A47/A11/A12 etc.

happy travelling from Pamela and Derek - also in the Norfolk Sub Club.:xdoh:

:france:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Broadsman
Aug 31, 2015
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt,
Exp
September 2015
Hooray for you!

Get a funster sticker from Jim (when he gets home!) so we can recognise you on the A47/A11/A12 etc.

happy travelling from Pamela and Derek - also in the Norfolk Sub Club.:xdoh:

:france:
Already downloaded and in pride of place on the windscreen - see you on the roads :xThumb:

Upvote 0

APACHE 1988

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
WISBECH FENLAND
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL APACHE
Exp
3 YEARS
If you are on the A47 close to the huge hotel at the Wisbech roundabout look out for "Effy the Apache" parked on the front of the pink house!
100_1160.JPG

Upvote 0

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Spent 3 nights in Wisbech 4 weeks ago,loved the town.Parked up and slept on Beatrice Road,lovely neighbors/housedwelling types :)

Upvote 0

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Wow nice camper ............ Have a great time getting to know it on your first trips, and then who knows ...............................:xThumb:

Upvote 0

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
Hi Broadsman - enjoy the van its a great way of seeing the world.
we are in the same boat as you - just taken delivery of our new van today (our 4th) and cannot wait to get out in it - first trip 27th for 3 nights
cheers
the mannclan

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back