Don Amott's Leisure Kingdom for servicing? (1 Viewer)

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Hi all,

I've never heard of Don Amott's Leisure Kingdom, sounds like a Theme Park. However, drove past it today and as it's within about 10 minutes of the house was wondering what it's like for servicing? I've read some good reviews of their sales, but not servicing

The other thought is that I have a 2010 Chausson, which is still under the 2 year warranty, therefore, does it have to go back to a Chausson dealer. They are not a Chausson dealer by the looks of it.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
DON AMOTT .... "THE KING OF CARAVANS".. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They been there a long time.. I remember their TV adverts in the 70's !!! :RollEyes:

Sorry cant help with info on servicing,, I have just had my fist dealings with them, bought a new van, coming on Thursday...::bigsmile:

Sure someone will be along with some input for you..

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Tonka, please leave a reviewBroken Link Removed when you feel ready. Currently they only have one review. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi all,

I've never heard of Don Amott's Leisure Kingdom, sounds like a Theme Park. However, drove past it today and as it's within about 10 minutes of the house was wondering what it's like for servicing? I've read some good reviews of their sales, but not servicing

The other thought is that I have a 2010 Chausson, which is still under the 2 year warranty, therefore, does it have to go back to a Chausson dealer. They are not a Chausson dealer by the looks of it.

If not try http://www.davenewell.co.uk comes highly recommendedBroken Link Removed

Last edited:

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Hi all,

I bought a van of them in august 2011 and had to have some warranty work carried out at a later stage and found them to be very competent and i have no complaints

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
If not try http://www.davenewell.co.uk comes highly recommendedBroken Link Removed

Already on the list as not too far away.

However, Chausson have (as probably many do) a 5 year water ingress gaurantee that has to be checked at a "certified member of the CHAUSSON network". How does the independant get around with this? Dave, are you able to get on the "network"?

Sounds like something out of the Matrix.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Craig
Yes it's a Chausson dealer for habitation, Fiat for the motor, I was with Discover but had mine done at Eem Bee in Bury new and nearest to me now, but a bit far for you ,if you e.mail Chausson they will tell you your nearest dealers. Pete :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Craig Rogers

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Hi Craig
Yes it's a Chausson dealer for habitation, Fiat for the motor, I was with Discover but had mine done at Eem Bee in Bury new and nearest to me now, but a bit far for you ,if you e.mail Chausson they will tell you your nearest dealers. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Ahem, didn't realise that Fiat are an approved Transit servicer :roflmto:

Thanks though, I thought it would have to be a dealer dependant.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Had a service (oil change) and MOTdone on our Bolero there. Went to them since local Fiat car dealer had to take van elsewhere for MOT.

Don Amotts seemed to be ok, got to speak to technician re problem on headlight adjuster which had to be fixed to pass the MOT. Service Area seems well equipped.

Cost an arm n a leg - a lot more than Id anticipated for first MOT :Eeek:

Subsequently changed vans and not sure whether to go there with it or not !

Manxkitty

Free Member
Oct 25, 2013
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
My advice is don't - a very unsatisfactory experience

I have had the unfortunate experience of using Don Amott Leisure Kingdom. :cry:
Hard sell on sales side followed by appalling customer service. Considering the number of very good dealers, I am really surprised they get any returning customers. Companies like this are so pleasant till they get your money then they couldn't care less.:Angry:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I have had the unfortunate experience of using Don Amott Leisure Kingdom. :cry:
Hard sell on sales side followed by appalling customer service. Considering the number of very good dealers, I am really surprised they get any returning customers. Companies like this are so pleasant till they get your money then they couldn't care less.:Angry:

Been there with two other dealers!

Don't expect much in this industry and you won't be disappointed!:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back