Dometic RML9435 won't work at night (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Currently sitting on Lincoln showground in our new Burstner. Last two nights we've been kept awake bythe fridge not igniting and the error buzzer going off. Have had to turn the fridge off to get some sleep! We've had six nights away since we picked it up and only happened last night and the previous. They've also been the coldest. When we turned it on this morning it didn't fire up until the third lot of clicks. No problems during the day. Anyone else had this?

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Standard 13kg calor propane (red bottle).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Not that then.. unless it was considerably colder in Lincoln than I'd guessed :LOL:

I'm not sure I've more to add but at least you should be front page now..

SandT

Free Member
Oct 15, 2012
Malta
Funster No
MH
Safari Trek
Exp
What are you doing or using now ( at night) that you didn't use two nights ago?
Gas heating?
Have you changed a the gas bottle and not fully opened the valve on top?
Have you started switching off some thing at night that you didn't before?

Terry

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Did have heating on low the first night but can't see how that would affect the back of the fridge. Dometic say you need winter covers under 10 degrees but can't see how that affects gas lighting. Currently wondering uf it is temperature related. Possibly something marginally misaligned. I'll put a temporary cover over tonight (with vents) to see if itmakes any difference.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If you have a cylinder that is getting low then the amount being drawn off /consumed by the heating ,or cooker rings, oven , etc; can have an affect on the fridge.Colder it is outside the worse it gets.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Just revisiting my past post. Dometic engineer has looked at it and found a lot of debris around the burner. There was some paint where paint shouldn't be and it had burnt off leaving debris about. Seems to be working okay now although we have mainly been on electric for recent trips. The engineer also said that Dometic had reported a small number of out of tolerance burners which had got into the system which could cause this. I have a new burner from them in case it fails again.. The engineer was reluctant to swap it out as it involves removing the fridge to connect up the cabling and he didn't want to risk damaging any ofthe iinterior . He'll come back and fit if necessary.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
In the gas burner at the bottom of the fridge (access through the bottom vent) Inside the monkey metal housing that corrodes, there is a pathetic soft aluminium gas jet about 5 mm dia with a tiny hole in it.
Try and clean it out -------without touching it??? or you WILL damage it. Don't ask me how I know!
Replacement here - £20+
https://www.partmaster.co.uk/fridge...id=742128&path=67607,671651:673445&refine=jet

Try that

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
That was what he did. Lights a lot better now. Just need to try it off grid for a couple of nights.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ours wouldn't light a couple of days ago but we were arse on to the wind with covers so switched it off. Lit perfectly next morning when the wind calmed down.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back