KAL 590

Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi all, looking for some advice, we bought a Burstner 590 2013 model, we have an issue with the oven, the door of the oven will not fully close, we took the van to a local motorhome fixer but he could not fix it, and mentioned it could be a case of changing the whole oven etc? Anyway I thought I would check here first for any help?
Thanks
Kev

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I've just taken the inner glass of the door on our 2012 Burstner. Behind that are two spring type hinges that were seizing up, a quick spray with grease and they are like new. It sounds like you have the same problem I'd say You asked a dick head for advice .

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
The word Dometic, currently raises my blood pressure!
Brought a brand new Burstner in May of this year, and the grill bar fell of in the dealers upon pick up. They couldn't fix it ( the Dometic area manager came out, and he said they would replace the oven) Amazingly, 6 months on, we are still without a replacement oven. Totally unacceptable!
They pi@@ down your back, and then tell you it's raining.
Very annoyed at present.

OP
OP
K

KAL 590

Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thanks for the replies, the fixer lubricated the hinges which did help the moving of the door but did nothing to rectify the closing of it.
I will look at the thread on the replacement hinges thanks SandaL

Kev

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Did he take out the inner door glass to expose the hinges? You need to get the grease into the hinges.
They are similar to kitchen cabinet door hinges and are affected by the heat - that's why I use motorcycle chain spray grease.
There is a piece of trim along the bottom, held by 4 small screws. The glass is clamped by a few more small screws down the sides.
You'll need to do all this to replace the hinges. Have a look before you buy any new hinges.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
@KAL 590 As @Stealaway says, the hinges on our oven seized up and because of this one hinge bent so the oven door would not close properly. I replaced both hinges and greased with high temperature grease.
Looks like you have a bent hinge.:)

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
The word Dometic, currently raises my blood pressure!
Brought a brand new Burstner in May of this year, and the grill bar fell of in the dealers upon pick up. They couldn't fix it ( the Dometic area manager came out, and he said they would replace the oven) Amazingly, 6 months on, we are still without a replacement oven. Totally unacceptable!
They pi@@ down your back, and then tell you it's raining.
Very annoyed at present.
its not for dometic to cure your problem its the dealer your contract is with

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back