Dometic fridgefreezer - thermostat?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by gowboy, Jun 18, 2012.

1. gowboy

gowboy Read Only Funster

Stab in the dark: Dometic RM7505AES fridge freezer on constant min. temp - causing fins to freeze up, food to frost - no matter how thermostat is set. Unit been turned off, thoroughly defrosted, still behaving same way.
    Been on Leisuredirect to see parts guide, spoken to ELUSIVE Dometic agent, think whole front thermo/control unit may need replacing, expecting repair £150+ (part alone).....just wondering if there is an easy fix i am missing?? I know zip about gas, but happy to tinker if there is something obvious that anyone can suggest....
    Can you help?

2. aba

aba

is it the same on mains and gas?????

3. gowboy

gowboy Read Only Funster

exactly the same on drive, hook-up and gas......

4. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  5. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Just a thought on some Dometic models the plastic spindle between the control knob and the rehostat thingy breaks so you move the knob but it does not move the stat always worth checking:thumb:

6. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

this could be the thermistor in the control (heat controlled resistor) or the internal thermocouple that clips to the fins in the back of the fridge compartment.

have seen the same problem cured by just emptying fridge and resecuring the probe with the fin clips. It had dropped off and was below the fins

7. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

as its an AES model, the temperature control is electronic I believe for the whole auto energy source range

• Like Like x 1
  8. gowboy

gowboy Read Only Funster

thanks will check this.... I have been back to my van today to have a poke around, and doh noticed a "Climate Control" switch underneath the control panel - this was in the "off" position - so on the poss that i caught it and turned it off some weeks ago whilst cleaning I have turned this "on" and restarted the unit - will check tomorrow to see if this is the underlying temp. issue????!!!! Any thoughts? Interesting that the original manual does not mention it, and that the Dometic engineer didn't ask me about it.... I wait with bated breath.....

9. gowboy

gowboy Read Only Funster

Resolved....

as per my last comment, "problem" resolved - thanks for your input, it's a learning curve!