LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Does anyone know anyone who can fault find down to component level and possibly repair the control board PCB from a Dometic AES fridge freezer as per the attached?

Suspect its the changeover relay but can't be certain

Link Removed

Last edited:

G8WVW

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 on/off
My AES fridge played up by not doing the 'auto' bit. Took the fuse out, put it back in and all well for over a year. AES an unnecessary complication ... would have preferred a simple switch.

Good luck.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I believe there is currently a recall for that model by Dometic, might be worth checking your serial number with them,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Have checked the glass fuse located on the PCB but drawn a blank. The replacement box costs an arm and a leg :Eeek:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Put your post code into this page to find the nearest approved engineer. There is a chap in Northampton called Malcolm Rock who might be near enough to you. I have used him twice and he is very knowledgable: he used to work for Dometic but is now a freelance. I believe Jock & Rita have also called him out to fix a problem and recommend him too.

http://www.dometicapproved.co.uk/service.aspx

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Good luck if you do contact Dometic. I rang a week ago for advice on a warranty issue and still waiting for promised call back. I have nudged them twice and they are really apologetic but NOTHING happens. I have now contacted listed service centre and they are sending engineer on Wednesday.
I know it is the P.C.B. but off course they do not carry them and will only order after inspection. New Year trip now cancelled!
Cheers
Bernie:Angry:

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Good luck if you do contact Dometic. I rang a week ago for advice on a warranty issue and still waiting for promised call back. I have nudged them twice and they are really apologetic but NOTHING happens. I have now contacted listed service centre and they are sending engineer on Wednesday.
I know it is the P.C.B. but off course they do not carry them and will only order after inspection. New Year trip now cancelled!
Cheers

Yes Ive discovered this fact this morning. The freephone number for the fault recall just times out. The Dometic land line number for technical help just says they are experiencing high call volumes please email us. Eventually got to speak to a lady who gave me a call ref number and said someone would call me back. Im not very optimistic :Angry:

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Put your post code into this page to find the nearest approved engineer. There is a chap in Northampton called Malcolm Rock who might be near enough to you. I have used him twice and he is very knowledgable: he used to work for Dometic but is now a freelance. I believe Jock & Rita have also called him out to fix a problem and recommend him too.

Done that also - Chase Caravans in Cannock I suspect. Voice mail on both landline and mobile. How do these people run a business when they are incommunicado? :Eeek:

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

Excellent advice re Malcolm Rock, found hi phone number on a Canal Forum. Managed to get hold of him and he explained what the recall involved and after investigating it appears ours is not one of those affected.

Thanks Jean Luc :thumb:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Eventually got to speak to a lady who gave me a call ref number and said someone would call me back. Im not very optimistic :Angry:

The man you need to speak to is called John Harvey. Apparently he is the only one who deals with after-sales technical problems. It took me over a month to get to speak to him re oven under warranty problem. Each time I rang chasing I spoke to very nice ladies (Elizabeth & Pepita) and each time they said he would ring me back - he didn't. I finally got to speak to him in person when I insisted I wanted to make a complaint.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Done that also - Chase Caravans in Cannock I suspect. Voice mail on both landline and mobile. How do these people run a business when they are incommunicado? :Eeek:

Probably busy working on other people's vans. Ian from Chase Caravans came out to change the oven thermostat for me as the first step in the still on-going Dometic process. He was very helpful and very patient when it took forever to get the control panel back in alignment after taking the oven out.

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Probably busy working on other people's vans. Ian from Chase Caravans came out to change the oven thermostat for me as the first step in the still on-going Dometic process. He was very helpful and very patient when it took forever to get the control panel back in alignment after taking the oven out.

Shows how much money they must be making when they have no need to answer phones which could be potential business for them - sign of the times me thinks :thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
clipped....... I believe Jock & Rita have also called him out to fix a problem and recommend him too.

You have a better memory than I Philip. :winky: It never was very good, but it seems to be getting worse these days. :Sad:

My query may well have been in connection to the Electrolux Traveller generator that we have, but we've not had someone out for repairs. Fortunately, our (older) AES fridge/freezer has never let us down, (says he whilst touching his (wooden) head . :roflmto: )

Canopus, I hope you manage to get yours sorted. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

P.S. Any spares for our Electrolux AES unit, has come from Ash at Ashbridge Domestics, who were/are members on here and on Facts. Next day delivery too. :thumb:

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Jock

Yes its sorted now - the PCB had to be replaced but the buggers know how to charge £175 from BJ leisure just down the road. Leisure spares wanted £206, although I did see one on ebay from Spain for £90 including free postage. Didn't risk sending for it as sods law it wouldn't have arrived in time - we are away in the van over Xmas then straight over the channel in the New Year.

Ken & Lynda

PS If anyone is any good at fault finding on PCB's Ive kept the old one. I suspect it might be the changeover relay i.e. gas, 12, mains

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I know it is the P.C.B. but off course they do not carry them and will only order after inspection. [HI]New Year trip now cancelled![/HI]
Cheers

Unless you are somewhere nice and warm why cancel ?

A largish plastic container outside the door will be fine at this time of year :thumb:

Hi Jock

Yes its sorted now - the PCB had to be replaced but the buggers know how to charge £175 from BJ leisure just down the road. Leisure spares wanted £206, although I did see one on ebay from Spain for £90 including free postage. Didn't risk sending for it as sods law it wouldn't have arrived in time - we are away in the van over Xmas then straight over the channel in the New Year.

Ken & Lynda

[HI]PS If anyone is any good at fault finding on PCB's Ive kept the old one. I suspect it might be the changeover relay i.e. gas, 12, mains[/HI]

Happy to have a go for you.. I work down to component level on all sorts of things and I suspect that controller will be pretty basic :thumb:

OP
OP
canopus

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Unless you are somewhere nice and warm why cancel ?

A largish plastic container outside the door will be fine at this time of year :thumb:

Happy to have a go for you.. I work down to component level on all sorts of things and I suspect that controller will be pretty basic :thumb:

Its in the back of the van so I might take you up on that John the next time I see you. Cheers

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No worries mate :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.