Dometic Fridge RM7605

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by canopus, Dec 15, 2013.

1. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. G8WVW

G8WVW Read Only Funster

My AES fridge played up by not doing the 'auto' bit. Took the fuse out, put it back in and all well for over a year. AES an unnecessary complication ... would have preferred a simple switch.

Good luck.

3. ivorantony

ivorantony Funster

I believe there is currently a recall for that model by Dometic, might be worth checking your serial number with them,

4. canopus

Have checked the glass fuse located on the PCB but drawn a blank. The replacement box costs an arm and a leg :Eeek:

5. canopus

yes Ive seen the notice but couldn't decide if it was an old notice or recent

6. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Put your post code into this page to find the nearest approved engineer. There is a chap in Northampton called Malcolm Rock who might be near enough to you. I have used him twice and he is very knowledgable: he used to work for Dometic but is now a freelance. I believe Jock & Rita have also called him out to fix a problem and recommend him too.

http://www.dometicapproved.co.uk/service.aspx

7. Ber090

Ber090 Funster Life Member

Good luck if you do contact Dometic. I rang a week ago for advice on a warranty issue and still waiting for promised call back. I have nudged them twice and they are really apologetic but NOTHING happens. I have now contacted listed service centre and they are sending engineer on Wednesday.
    I know it is the P.C.B. but off course they do not carry them and will only order after inspection. New Year trip now cancelled!
    Cheers
    Bernie:Angry:

• Like Like x 1
  8. canopus

Yes Ive discovered this fact this morning. The freephone number for the fault recall just times out. The Dometic land line number for technical help just says they are experiencing high call volumes please email us. Eventually got to speak to a lady who gave me a call ref number and said someone would call me back. Im not very optimistic :Angry:

9. canopus

Done that also - Chase Caravans in Cannock I suspect. Voice mail on both landline and mobile. How do these people run a business when they are incommunicado? :Eeek:

10. canopus

Excellent advice re Malcolm Rock, found hi phone number on a Canal Forum. Managed to get hold of him and he explained what the recall involved and after investigating it appears ours is not one of those affected.

Thanks Jean Luc :thumb:

11. maz

maz Funster

The man you need to speak to is called John Harvey. Apparently he is the only one who deals with after-sales technical problems. It took me over a month to get to speak to him re oven under warranty problem. Each time I rang chasing I spoke to very nice ladies (Elizabeth & Pepita) and each time they said he would ring me back - he didn't. I finally got to speak to him in person when I insisted I wanted to make a complaint.

12. maz

maz Funster

Probably busy working on other people's vans. Ian from Chase Caravans came out to change the oven thermostat for me as the first step in the still on-going Dometic process. He was very helpful and very patient when it took forever to get the control panel back in alignment after taking the oven out.

13. canopus

Shows how much money they must be making when they have no need to answer phones which could be potential business for them - sign of the times me thinks :thumb:

14. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

You have a better memory than I Philip. :Wink: It never was very good, but it seems to be getting worse these days. :Sad:

My query may well have been in connection to the Electrolux Traveller generator that we have, but we've not had someone out for repairs. Fortunately, our (older) AES fridge/freezer has never let us down, (says he whilst touching his (wooden) head . :Laughing: )

Canopus, I hope you manage to get yours sorted. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

P.S. Any spares for our Electrolux AES unit, has come from Ash at Ashbridge Domestics, who were/are members on here and on Facts. Next day delivery too. :thumb:

15. canopus

Hi Jock

Yes its sorted now - the PCB had to be replaced but the buggers know how to charge £175 from BJ leisure just down the road. Leisure spares wanted £206, although I did see one on ebay from Spain for £90 including free postage. Didn't risk sending for it as sods law it wouldn't have arrived in time - we are away in the van over Xmas then straight over the channel in the New Year.

Ken & Lynda

PS If anyone is any good at fault finding on PCB's Ive kept the old one. I suspect it might be the changeover relay i.e. gas, 12, mains

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Unless you are somewhere nice and warm why cancel ?

A largish plastic container outside the door will be fine at this time of year :thumb:

Happy to have a go for you.. I work down to component level on all sorts of things and I suspect that controller will be pretty basic :thumb:

17. canopus

Its in the back of the van so I might take you up on that John the next time I see you. Cheers

18. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

No worries mate :)