DOMETIC FRIDGE IGNITER BATTERY (1 Viewer)

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
- anybody know how to access and change the manual igniter battery?

OP
OP
TeeCee

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks Dave...I thought that at first but Series 8 manual clearly shows (Section 4.11) how to access and change AAA 1.5v battery....but....it says to depress igniter button and turn 90 degrees clockwise...remove cap and exchange battery...but...i can't get the b.........thing to turn...am I missing something?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Are you sure its an 8 series? I did wonder when I first read your reply but having just looked it up the 8 series is one of the newer model ranges and fully electronic, powered from the habitation battery. I can see no reference to battery for igniter. Exactly which model is it?

D.

OP
OP
TeeCee

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Not yet Dave....am planning to visit my dealer later in week. I'll let you know what happens.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
we have one of these fridges , 8 series the one with the removable freezer section, you do just twist the button to the right but you only very slightly depress the button at the same time, it won't budge if you push it in all the way, just checked mine

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
In my 8 series manual their is an option for backup batteries for when the 12 v supply fails, no mention of manual ignition. The battery covers are shown as a rectangular cover at each end of the controls that you push and slide off.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
ours has the round push button with a triple a battery behind it, pushing this sets of the igniter, part 438 here
Broken Link Removed

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
we have one of these fridges , 8 series the one with the removable freezer section, you do just twist the button to the right but you only very slightly depress the button at the same time, it won't budge if you push it in all the way, just checked mine

Silly me, I should have said that days ago. I just assumed it was obvious which of course it isn't, sorryyyyy.

D.

OP
OP
TeeCee

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
Cheers guys......really appreciate your help. Will report here once sorted.
TeeCee

OP
OP
TeeCee

TeeCee

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
romford, essex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-4
Exp
Since 2011
SORTED!!!!!!
Couldn't seem to get a grip when trying to turn the push button with my finger but came up with a moment of inspiration!
Got a small piece of double sided sticky tape and attached same to button....then with finger placed on said sticky pad it was easy to push the button in very slightly and turn anti clockwise and hey presto...out popped the battery in its little tube type compartment!
Replaced AAA battery....turned on the gas....and it fired up immediately!
I am sooooooooooo happy! (My wife says sad more like!).
Thanks again to all who offered advice (especially Dave) and hope this might help others at some stage.

Jul 16, 2022
Funster No
MH
Eriba caravan
SORTED!!!!!!
Couldn't seem to get a grip when trying to turn the push button with my finger but came up with a moment of inspiration!
Got a small piece of double sided sticky tape and attached same to button....then with finger placed on said sticky pad it was easy to push the button in very slightly and turn anti clockwise and hey presto...out popped the battery in its little tube type compartment!
Replaced AAA battery....turned on the gas....and it fired up immediately!
I am sooooooooooo happy! (My wife says sad more like!).
Thanks again to all who offered advice (especially Dave) and hope this might help others at some stage.
the wonders of the World Wide Web!! i had seen mention of a battery to be replaced in the ignition starter, but NO MENTION on how to do. it’s not simple and should be explained in the manual. thanks for the tip, i took a piece of silver duck tape and doubled it back to have two sticky side. pushed in slightly and turned CCW and out came the battery. trying to figure this out for three years. thanks a bunch.

Mikey59

Free Member
Aug 13, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
- anybody know how to access and change the manual igniter battery?
Great post TeeCree, had no ignition on gas but didn't realize it had a battery. Saved my weekend mate and a wasted visit to my dealer, cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back