LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Oh by the way Dometic do not allow collections from the distribution centre in Germany, I did ask the question. ;)

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Not possible to re gas 3 way fridges, once the ammonia's gone the unit is kaput and very expensive.

Unlike compressor fridges, these absorption fridges have a mixtures of substances (water, ammonia, hydrogen etc) and the percentages are specific to the model. A fully trained and equipped Dometic engineer could regas it, I presume.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Unlike compressor fridges, these absorption fridges have a mixtures of substances (water, ammonia, hydrogen etc) and the percentages are specific to the model. A fully trained and equipped Dometic engineer could regas it, I presume.

If they can they are keeping it to themselves in order to sell new ones, when ours went we contacted lots of places and the story was all the same....not possible to re gas.

I did come across one site where someone had heard of someone that could possibly do it but that was as near as I got.

You are correct in the mixture of gases, apparently they contain some stuff even nastier than ammonia.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back