dometic fault

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bevnsimon, Aug 8, 2012.

1. bevnsimon

bevnsimon Read Only Funster

hi does anyone have any experience with dometic rm7505 fridge/frezzers mine has an intermittent fault. kind regards bev:Wink:

2. cydersyd

cydersyd Funster

Need more info Bev.

Is it an automatic change over fridge, is the problem when on 240v 12v or gas and what is happening intermitantly?

3. bevnsimon

right here goes. weve had motorhome 2 months all seemed ok had our 1st trip away 2 weeks ago,plugged fridge into mains day before we left worked great got to campsite plugged in fridge worked fine, 4 o clock in the morning my partner wakes me up and tells me that the red light of fridge is flashing wont say what i told him lol. so at a reasonable time that morning swithed fridge off then on you get a clicking sound which is the gas trying to ignite then the red light comes back on so switched on and off a few times and green light stayed on all day until 12 that night and has been doing this since,it seems to run say 12 hrs or so then swithes it self off,dont know if it run on gas as our last fridge caught light so reluctant to use gas as you can imagine kind regards bev :cry:

4. bevnsimon

oh and yes its an automatic change over fridge :BigGrin:

5. cydersyd

cydersyd Funster

It sounds exactly the same as the problem my fridge is going through and there's no way I can break the news gently.

It's more than likely the motherboard that is causing the problem and sadly they can't be repaired by us average Joes'. The motherboard being a printed circuit board that is the brains behind the switching systems.

Luckily, mine is being replaced tomorrow under warranty from the dealer, could this apply to you too?
    Alternatively I sourced a new board for my fridge at a cost of almost £200 then it would cost to have it fitted.

If you would like the e-mail of the person that could have obtained the board for me I will forward it on.

Sorry for the bad news.

6. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Bev
    I have just had my pcb board changed lucky still under warranty, It's not that bad to change just disconnect power and gas, there are lots of wires so either sketch which colour goes to what connection and be careful, if not a call out and fitting which took my guy about 30 mins shouldn't be to much , Pete

Ps mine was easy to get to through the bottom vent so no need to take the fridge out, which of course is a lot more involved.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012