Free Member
Aug 8, 2012
romford,essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
7 years
hi does anyone have any experience with dometic rm7505 fridge/frezzers mine has an intermittent fault. kind regards bev:winky:

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Need more info Bev.

Is it an automatic change over fridge, is the problem when on 240v 12v or gas and what is happening intermitantly?

OP
OP
B

bevnsimon

Free Member
Aug 8, 2012
romford,essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
7 years
right here goes. weve had motorhome 2 months all seemed ok had our 1st trip away 2 weeks ago,plugged fridge into mains day before we left worked great got to campsite plugged in fridge worked fine, 4 o clock in the morning my partner wakes me up and tells me that the red light of fridge is flashing wont say what i told him lol. so at a reasonable time that morning swithed fridge off then on you get a clicking sound which is the gas trying to ignite then the red light comes back on so switched on and off a few times and green light stayed on all day until 12 that night and has been doing this since,it seems to run say 12 hrs or so then swithes it self off,dont know if it run on gas as our last fridge caught light so reluctant to use gas as you can imagine kind regards bev :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
It sounds exactly the same as the problem my fridge is going through and there's no way I can break the news gently.

It's more than likely the motherboard that is causing the problem and sadly they can't be repaired by us average Joes'. The motherboard being a printed circuit board that is the brains behind the switching systems.

Luckily, mine is being replaced tomorrow under warranty from the dealer, could this apply to you too?
Alternatively I sourced a new board for my fridge at a cost of almost £200 then it would cost to have it fitted.

If you would like the e-mail of the person that could have obtained the board for me I will forward it on.

Sorry for the bad news.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Bev
I have just had my pcb board changed lucky still under warranty, It's not that bad to change just disconnect power and gas, there are lots of wires so either sketch which colour goes to what connection and be careful, if not a call out and fitting which took my guy about 30 mins shouldn't be to much , Pete

Ps mine was easy to get to through the bottom vent so no need to take the fridge out, which of course is a lot more involved.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Stuart Currie

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Funster No
Hello, Im looking for additional information on the Ventil GV100 gas valve for a RM 7551 Dometic fridge. It works on mains and 12v. The igniter unit I am suspecting is ok as the igniter sparks away but no gas ever lights. It times out then stops and flashes after pre set ignition time. I have tried to light with a barbecue lighter while the ignition cycle was active.The Dometic diagram gives no details of voltage to open the valve. I was assuning this was 12v but I have come across one on ebay that states the valve operates on 1.5v? Any help for additional info on the valve ie resistance of coil and if 1.5v is the operating voltage. I will attempt to troubleshoot t the weekend. Thanks Stuart

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Hello, Im looking for additional information on the Ventil GV100 gas valve for a RM 7551 Dometic fridge. It works on mains and 12v. The igniter unit I am suspecting is ok as the igniter sparks away but no gas ever lights. It times out then stops and flashes after pre set ignition time. I have tried to light with a barbecue lighter while the ignition cycle was active.The Dometic diagram gives no details of voltage to open the valve. I was assuning this was 12v but I have come across one on ebay that states the valve operates on 1.5v? Any help for additional info on the valve ie resistance of coil and if 1.5v is the operating voltage. I will attempt to troubleshoot t the weekend. Thanks Stuart
fridge not working on gas first thing to check is blocked injector you tube will show you how to check it

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Please make sure you have a carbon monoxide alarm ... when my Dometic wasn't working it set the alarm off. The readings were high. ... could have been fatal.

Stuart Currie

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Funster No
Thanks everyone I have checked and cleaned the burner and I have an additional carbon monoxide sensor ... I did manage to find a service manual online that specified the voltages and expected resistance of the 2 coils on the gas valve. If the voltage checks ok when igniting but not opening giving gas flow then I assume it must be the valve. Here's the link to the manual I eventually came across. http://web.adria.dk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Dometic-service-RM8XXX.pdf

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back