Dometic Cramer Hob - Jet Cleaning Tips (1 Viewer)

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
I have a 2 ring Dometic Cramer Hob and seem to have a blocked jet. One hob runs fine with a good flame while the other has a very week flame.
Any body able to offer any tips or advice on what needs removing to clean the jet please. I've had the burner cover and top off and cleaned the ash visible here, but still no joy.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Cleaning jets isn't really DIY. If you don't know exactly what you're doing then you really shouldn't be messing with it yourself. If you get it wrong it will be dangerous afterwards.

My advice is to get someone in who knows what they're doing (y)

OP
OP
R

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
Thanks for your reply. I had the van in for repair last month and they told me it was fixed, but problem persists, hence the self diagnosis. On removal of the burner cover I'm left with the attached image.can anyone confirm if I can unscrew the hexagon center piece for cleaning?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_20170521_155313.jpg
    IMG_20170521_155313.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 111
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Yup, that little brass thing is the jet and should just screw out, try and use a socket on it if possible.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The jet is the brass device in the centre. Clean the small hole in the centre of it using a bristle off a suitable brush - avoid wire as you might enlarge it. You can also press a lighter gas refill down onto it (very briefly) to free any dust. Just make sure that when you have finished the flame burns completely blue. If it still gives trouble you need to have the valve for that burner checked out.

Just read jockaneezers advice. If you can remove the jet it makes cleaning it easier and more certain. However last time I needed to do mine the jet was very tight and even a socket was trying to slip. The flats are very shallow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
Thanks for all the advice. Jet was removed with a 7mm socket. Jet and area was cleaned using a can of compressed air. Burner flame is now much improved thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back