Dometic air con units.

Discussion in 'Heating and Air-Conditioning' started by motorhome42, Oct 16, 2014.

1. motorhome42

motorhome42 Funster

Hi all,

I have a B2200 unit fitted on my van. It was moved from my last van after being on there for just over two years. It hasn't worked properly since and is now 5 years old. I have been offered a new replacement by a MH dealer at a vastly reduced price. Has anyone had one of these units for any length of time and does it still work properly? A quick response would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

2. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

I have a 5 year old one that works perfectly (B2200).

Sorry, not a particularly quick response! In what way does yours not work, it may just need gas?

3. seanoo

seanoo Funster

as said it might need regassing

4. motorhome42

motorhome42 Funster

Thanks for the replies but, I have been trying to solve the "no cooling" problem for over two years now with no success. I have tried find someone to regas it BUT it is a sealed system with no valves. I know Schroder??? Valves could be fitted but again, no one does this. I spoke to Michael Roberts from Dometic recently who confirmed the difficulty of regassing such units and he basically said that the labour and time involved in the job made it uneconomical. So, no more air con units for me, I will stick with opening the windows, finding some shade and turning the fan on.

Thanks to all who have replied to this and an earlier post. I was simply interested to know how many people had one of these units and whether or not it worked for them.

5. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

Well we have same unit fitted which is 3 years old now and running cold no problem, however in winter we cannot seam to make to work in the warm mode, does not seam to get very warm. Works fine other than that.