Dometic AES 3 way fridge/freezer

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by BusyBuilder, May 3, 2016.

1. BusyBuilder

BusyBuilder Funster

I tried to use the fridge/freezer, it's the type with separate freezer, over the weekend (for the first time) as we lost mains power. The gas light came on a flickering yellow instead of green, we don't have a Dometic book to see what that meant.

I assume the gas wasn't lighting but I don't know what to look for ?

any ideas please ?

2. Cavs

Cavs Funster

If the gas has been off for a while, or you've recently changed the bottle, it takes a while for gas to get through to the fridge. Does the rest of the gas system work properly?

3. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

I think it will be steady yellow when it's lit, flashing will mean it hasn't lit.

Do you have gas? Is the fridge gas supply turned on? Is the igniter trying to light, you should hear a clicking.

Martin

• Like Like x 1
  4. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

sometimes ours doesn't seem to auto light if we lose mains, with ours turn selector off and back to gas it lights, when lit we put back to auto, no obvious pattern to working automatically or not

5. BusyBuilder

BusyBuilder Funster

Will check gas tonight but hob was working okay. Is it possible to see the workings in the fridge to see if gas has lit ?

6. Terry

Terry Funster

If you put your hand over the top rt side of the top vent you should feel heat if it is working -you can also take off the bottom vent and check through there but the heat is easier ;)
    terry

7. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

The 7000 series fridge freezer in our last van used to always do that. As we rarely use mains used to use manule most of the time.

8. glenn2926

glenn2926 Funster

Did you give it a good while after turning off the engine? The gas does not come through straight away just in case you are fueling up. Have you tried it on manual setting for gas? Is it fairly level, the van that is. Have you tried turning it off and starting again? I can hear mine roaring away at the lower vent when on gas. Oh and the light does not go green it stays amber when lit.