Dometic 3way fridge freezer beeping (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Our fridge has started beeping every few minutes. The door is shut and gas is getting through. We've checked the switch and the light is going off. We've turned it off for 10mins and tried the reset button but it's still beeping.

It's under guarantee but we're in Cornwall and haven't got the paperwork with us.

Any suggestions gladly received.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
Are you on level ground and the fridge no more than a few degrees off level - that will cause the problem.
Can you hear the fridge ignite when switched on - you can usually hear it by listening near the outside grill.
Try the fridge on battery if you haven't got hook up - if it works on battery then check you aren't low on gas.
Remove the lower grill and using a soft bristle brush wipe over any accessible parts behind the grill.
I am not a gas engineer or expert!
:france::france::france:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Check the isolation tap for the fridge on the manifold is fully open to allow gas through without hindrance.

OP
OP
2spritelyislanders
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Thanks Minxy Girl. Gas all ok since turning everything off then on again and then levelling van no more beeping. Fingers crossed it continues to be ok:smiley:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If it starts again have a look at the door switch, mine did keep beeping traced it to the switch. I took the housing off the switch and re-bent the spring strip that operates the switch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rascruiser

Free Member
Jan 2, 2017
somerset United Kingdom TA117LQ
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2014
hi there, we have the same problem. i traced it down to condensation in the illuminated door switch box. disconnected it dried it and end ofr problem.
Door switch box does seem to condensate up, and i believe it fools the processor in this box into creating a false "youve left the door open " scenario

matthews1204

Free Member
Apr 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift
hi there, we have the same problem. i traced it down to condensation in the illuminated door switch box. disconnected it dried it and end ofr problem.
Door switch box does seem to condensate up, and i believe it fools the processor in this box into creating a false "youve left the door open " scenario
Hi - having this same problem with our fridge. Currently sat with a hair dryer trying to dry it out!
They couldn’t have put a more annoying warning beep on a fridge if they tried!

matthews1204

Free Member
Apr 13, 2021
Funster No
MH
swift
Hi - having this same problem with our fridge. Currently sat with a hair dryer trying to dry it out!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
:hiya:
Hope you solve the problem.

Feb 21, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Fairly new, since Sept 2016
We have this problem with our Dometic fridge but only when on electric hook up. Works fine on gas and also on battery when travelling. Any ideas anyone?

MobyDick57

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 21, 2019
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Morelo Loft 78F
Exp
Started 2012, 1st Burstner Ixeo it720, 2nd Carthago C-Tourer i150:)
Good morning:)
We had a similar problem a few years ago. Our problem was that we had been using it on gas/battery for more than four days and therefore damp/condensation had formed on the inside of the control panel. The professional solution was to remove/loosen control panel, so that air could get behind. Used a hair dryer on very light load to blow dry. Then reassemble.
the professional advice was that condensation does build up on the inside of the control panel when using gas/battery. Therefore switch off for 4 hours every 4 days. Your problem may be a build up of condensation whilst not using it?! Only a guess:)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Should you have a serious issue I have a mobile Dometic Engineer that I use here in Cornwall, always busy, but if it is a failure of equipment and not just operator error then he can help I am sure.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We have this problem with our Dometic fridge but only when on electric hook up. Works fine on gas and also on battery when travelling. Any ideas anyone?
It may be a fuse or the element, do you have a multimeter? are you happy to play with electricity? If so check you have 230 volts at the fridge, then check at the element

DMS

Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Feb 2, 2008
Funster No
MH
Concorde 850L
Exp
Time Began
What model fridge is it ???
pm me the details and I will advise accordingly !!
I have an engineer you can use in Cornwall or Devon...
Regards
Alan
Direct Motorhome Services
Dometic Centre of Excellence

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Our problem was that we had been using it on gas/battery for more than four days and therefore damp/condensation had formed on the inside of the control panel.
The energy source can't have any effect on it. The heating elements be it gas/12v/mains are room sealed from the rest of the fridge inside the van.

MobyDick57

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 21, 2019
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Morelo Loft 78F
Exp
Started 2012, 1st Burstner Ixeo it720, 2nd Carthago C-Tourer i150:)
Fully understand where you are coming from Lenny:) In our case (Dometic 190 litre) on gas/battery the freezer struggled to keep freezer down to temp, so caused some condensation behind the control panel when extremely hot weather:)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Fully understand where you are coming from Lenny:) In our case (Dometic 190 litre) on gas/battery the freezer struggled to keep freezer down to temp, so caused some condensation behind the control panel when extremely hot weather:)
But gas will normally keep it cooler than running on mains unless it's not burning correctly.

May 17, 2016
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 2010
Our fridge has started beeping every few minutes. The door is shut and gas is getting through. We've checked the switch and the light is going off. We've turned it off for 10mins and tried the reset button but it's still beeping.

It's under guarantee but we're in Cornwall and haven't got the paperwork with us.

Another option - we had this once when running off electric and it turned out to be low electric supply - everyone was using the electric cos it was cold and our feed was insufficient.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We had exactly the same dried the board with hair drier lasted a long while until it happened again but I was ready dried it again then sprayed it with printed circuit board lacquer never had any more issues.
image.jpg

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000

You don’t say which make of fridge you have, but the operating manual for our Dometic has a Troubleshooting section that details which problem the different sequences of beebs indicate.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
You don’t say which make of fridge you have, but the operating manual for our Dometic has a Troubleshooting section that details which problem the different sequences of beebs indicate.
The give away is in the title of the thread.

Nov 27, 2020
Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2018
I had this problem some time ago also fridge was not working properly, phone call to supplier and Dometic fridges only have a tolerance of 3 degrees I needed to change pitch and now have higher levellers.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I had this problem some time ago also fridge was not working properly, phone call to supplier and Dometic fridges only have a tolerance of 3 degrees I needed to change pitch and now have higher levellers.
We frequently park off level and thankfully so far no issues with fridge 👇🪵
However you would think with the cost of these fridges and the dominance in the market, they would be able to design something more suitable for MHs that by definition would not always be nicely perfectly level!

Feb 21, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Fairly new, since Sept 2016
What model fridge is it ???
pm me the details and I will advise accordingly !!
I have an engineer you can use in Cornwall or Devon...
Regards
Alan
Direct Motorhome Services
Dometic Centre of Excellence
Sorry, only just seen your reply, must have turned notifications off somehow! We have a guy coming to see it and repair it. He says he sees this all the time and the fault is a broken small spring in the door fastening/light unit - hope that makes sense. and deal with other small issues. Sounds promising but details of your engineer would be useful. Not sure what the model is but it is an Autotrail Imala 730 2018 model. Small fridge with ice box (removable) at the top.

Mar 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
auto trailer
my fridge is beeping.... how do i remove the light box inside?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back