domestic fridge

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by Hugh Jardon, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Hugh Jardon

Hugh Jardon Deleted User

i am off to cornwall for a couple of weeks at the end of august and i was thinking of taking a domestic fridge and putting it in the garage of the motorhome so we have more fridge capacity

has anyone done this and have they encounted any problems, is there a condensation issue

should i choose a certain sort of fridge

any advise would be great on this as we need somewhere to keep the mackeral after a good fishing trip! :Wink:

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

This is a great Idea, In Spain there are companies that come onto the sites with loads of fridges for rent. People just keep them under there awning and full of beer:BigGrin::BigGrin:

3. Hugh Jardon

Hugh Jardon Deleted User

the only thing that concerns me is condensation issues, not sure if there are any! but i think it would be great to have one for the food shopping and fish and of course beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr :Err:

4. kands

kands Read Only Funster

Sounds like a good idea Hugh
    I cannot see condensation being a big issue, there will be some when the fridge defrosts but no more than putting wet coats and wellies in your garage I wouldn't have thought?
    Good luck mate

Keith

5. johnsandywhite

johnsandywhite Read Only Funster

:Cool: When we had the caravan and the little camper in Cap Negret, Spain. We had a fullsize Fridge/Freezer in the awning that we had bought secondhand. :Wink:

6. Hugh Jardon

Hugh Jardon Deleted User

ok cool, will buy a second hand one over the next few days to keep in the garage for this trip to cornwall. I was thinking it would be ok in there but was not sure.:Wink:

7. Hugh Jardon

Hugh Jardon Deleted User

picked up the fridge for in the garage so coming together nicely now

at least we will have an endless supply of cold beer and mackerel on holiday!! :BigGrin: