LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Having run our business with a .co.uk address for almost 9 years I added a .com address last August, through our web host 1&1.

I've just received a letter from a company called Domain Renewal Group of 56 Gloucester Road, Suite 526, London, SW7 4UB trying to get me to transfer to them for future domain name renewals - at a much higher rate (£25pa) than 1&1 charges. The letter does state "This notice is not a bill" but it could easily be mistaken for an invoice.

One to watch out for.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
We get "Bills" all the time from one company or another (usually in Europe and usually for some advert in a directory you have never heard of!!!) I just put them back in the envelope and send them back without a stamp on!!!:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I used to love the bill for the personal printed diarys, a sample of which was enclosed. never ordered not paid, only need one diary, hee hee. they stopped sending them after a few years, Damn.:whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
It is called Domain Slamming and the worst culprits as
Domain Registry of America (DRoA)
Domain Registry of Canada (DRoC)
Domain Registry of Europe (DRoE)
You get the idea. They have been done in numerous countries for fraud, anti competitive behaviour etc etc etc.

If you receive a letter regarding your domain and it isn't from the company you registered it through OR the registrar who handles your domain then it is more than likely an attempt to steal your business and more often than not will cost you more money.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Protect your domain....and the FTP codes they are after, as you would your credit card!

Did you mean EPP code by any chance?:winky: (Also known as the AUTH Code.)

Karl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back